Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Teaching Z Visa

Options
  • 22-11-2018 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hello,

I wonder what the current process for the z visa is in China?

I think I have to get my degrees notarized, but I am unsure on the details of how to go about that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

Hello,

I wonder what the current process for the z visa is in China?

I think I have to get my degrees notarized, but I am unsure on the details of how to go about that.

Get your degree, TEFL Cert and background check notarized by a solicitor and then authenticated by the Dept of Affairs. They then need to be stamped by the Chinese Embassy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

Seems oddly complicated.

Can I get it authenticated during my application for the z visa, or do I have to go to Dublin twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

Seems oddly complicated.

Hey it's China! 😂😂😂

I went through the process a few months ago so PM if you need any help.. It's a pain and quite a lengthy process. My TEFL cert was issued by a UK institute so the Dept of FA wouldn't authenticate it. Instead, it needed to be sent to the London.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 swallace001

Hi how's it going? Just wondering how long it took for you to get the TEFL cert authenticated? I'd imagine most people got their TEFL certs from non-Irish bodies so that would mean they wouldn't authenticate any of them?

Also, I was wondering if you could let me know where you got the documents notarized? In a place in Dublin? And how long did the whole process take? I'm arriving back in Ireland in the first week in January, and have all my documents ready to notarized and authenticated.

Thanks

Yeah, I'm just going to Vietnam :P The pays a little bit lower, but the cost of living is half the price. Also, they were taken over by France and it's an interesting blend.

And you can tutor one the side without fearing deportation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 swallace001

Yeah, I'm just going to Vietnam :P The pays a little bit lower, but the cost of living is half the price. Also, they were taken over by France and it's an interesting blend.

And you can tutor one the side without fearing deportation.

I've been teaching in Vietnam for the last 3 and a bit years so let me know if you've got any questions. The visa situation is much easier than China. If you work for a decent school they'll sort it all out for you more or less. If you do privates you can just do a day trip to the Cambodian border and come back. Not really many laws or rules here so everything is handy enough.

Sounds good :)

How's things with you?

Advertisement