Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lunchbox ideas help

• 22-11-2018 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

So I'm fed up eating from delis, apart from the fact it's bloody expensive every day but I seem to be buying extras as well!! Bar, packet of crisps etc etc and before you know it youre spending 10e + on just sandwiches!
    Anyway I'm hoping from Mon as I'm working away this week to bring my own lunch, please help with ideas..... I start great and know by the end of the week I'm sick of the same things every day. Any tips would be great. Will be on a site so wouldn't have facilities to heat up food, if I brought dinner from the eve before so I'm a bit limited

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

my go to is a hearty salad in a plastic container, hard boiled eggs, avocado, peppers or salad items of choice, and some left over cooked meat chicken or pork, sour cream and some curry sauce in lieu of mayo.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Excellent sounds fab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Whenever I make dinner I make a few portions so lunch is usually whatever I had for dinner the night before.

That would be ideal but I've no way to heat things up unfortunately

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Soup in a flask is handy for winter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

Quiche might be an idea, I eat it cold for lunch. And you can put whatever you want in it so it's different every week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Spanish omelette can be eaten cold too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

(I had most of this typed out but realised I should just preface this by saying if you're not trying to lose weight, ignore the stuff I say about going for low-calorie options or wholewheat pasta etc)

I think meatloaf can be eaten cold. Could make one at the weekend and it should keep for the week, have a few slices of it each day with some salad.

Every few weeks I buy some salmon darnes and some prawns, cook the salmon (I use an airfryer) and have it and the prawns cold on a bed of salad lettuce with some lighter than light mayonnaise the next day. It takes a bit more preparation and planning than batch cooking (as you wouldn't cook all the salmon for the week at the start of the week, I might do two darnes Sunday night to have Mon/Tues, then two Tuesday for Wed/Thursday, then maybe go with a can of tuna in the salad instead of the salmon on the Friday), but it still doesn't require much effort. Each morning just cut up one of the cooked darnes and throw it, the prawns and the lettuce on a plate. Put the mayonnaise on it just before eating.

Soup might be your best shout as someone else said. A flask and maybe even throw a little bit of boiled water (I presume you have access to a kettle at least) to heat it up if needs be.

You could also have a cold chicken/pasta salad. Wholewheat pasta and cooked chicken pieces eaten cold (just watch the portion size of the pasta as it can rack up the calories fast). A light mayo or tomato-based sauce wouldn't do much damage, and again can be eaten cold.

A wholewheat wrap, again with some chicken pieces, light mayo, lettuce, peppers or other salad items, maybe boiled egg.

Excellent tips thanks all, yes homemade soup is great idea. Yes just about have a kettle ha. I bring my own
    Thanks everyone

Advertisement