Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural or Urban

Options
  • 22-11-2018 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I’m moving to Blarney next week and I’m not sure what things I should be aware of. I tried to compare gas/electricity and got stumped at the question of urban or rural - urban costs more though I’m not sure why. Currently in the city centre and it’s eating up a lot of my savings but the commute is easy.

I’ve just moved from England and was already feeling a bit lost then felt like a twat when trying to compare prices 🀣

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Rflwr88 wrote: »
    Hello,

I’m moving to Blarney next week and I’m not sure what things I should be aware of. I tried to compare gas/electricity and got stumped at the question of urban or rural - urban costs more though I’m not sure why. Currently in the city centre and it’s eating up a lot of my savings but the commute is easy.

I’ve just moved from England and was already feeling a bit lost then felt like a twat when trying to compare prices 🀣

Any advice?

The difference covers some of the greater costs of providing a rural service.

You will need to check whether your new home is categorized as urban (DG1) or rural (DG2) to know which one applies. The difference is a few euros a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rflwr88

The difference covers some of the greater costs of providing a rural service.

You will need to check whether your new home is categorized as urban (DG1) or rural (DG2) to know which one applies. The difference is a few euros a month.

Thanks! Trying to organise another viewing so will hopefully get a chance to find this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It is hard to tell by looking. You need to find out by looking at a bill, or by contacting the supplier.

Advertisement