Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching from Mains fed to Pumped Shower

• 22-11-2018 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi!
    We've had a Mira Sport 9.8 since we bought the house in 2002. We had the bathrooms done up in Jan and upgraded (or so we thought) to the Mira Sport Max 10.8kw. It never worked properly and Mira have said we need to just get a pumped shower. Apparently we've enough pressure but it doesn't maintain.
    Ideally I'd like a Triton T90sr. Is it a big job switching? Would it wreck my new(ish) tiles? Is it an expensive job?
    Any advise would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The sport is portrait shaped and the t90sr is landscape shaped. There are 3 screws holding the sport to the wall. If you install the t90 you will expose one or two screw holes. These can be filled with silicone or grout. They will be little more than dots and you can get silicone or grout to match the tile colour. This will make them almost invisible.

In fairness to Mira mains fed electric showers don't work too well in parts of Ireland. I'm in Dublin & one or two showers per week we are changing from mains fed to tank fed. Pressure has never been great in Dublin but as we are all getting "free water" now Irish Water are constantly tweaking or reducing the pressure making many showers useless

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jenhassan

Thanks Sleeper. I'm in Drogheda and yep the pressure definitely drops off. Thought it was strange that it was ok-ish till we changed it but they did try replacing it with the 9kw and it was the same so a whole new system it is.
    Would you have a rough idea of price? If I ring a plumber I'd like to have an idea so I know if he's dear or not.
    Just trying to figure out if we can get it done this side of Xmas. So frustrating having such a lousy shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

There are dedicated shower repair companies in Dublin that would supply & fit a triton t90sr for 400 /450 depending on how easy /hard the pipework is changing from mains to tank fed.

I don't know prices in your area but I'd imagine most plumbers will be flat out this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jenhassan

Yep thought it would be about that alright. After Xmas it is so :( Thanks for the replies you've been really helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

There's a shower repair company in Dublin offering a t90sr supplied and fitted for 335 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭John.G

Jenhassan wrote: »
    Thanks Sleeper. I'm in Drogheda and yep the pressure definitely drops off. Thought it was strange that it was ok-ish till we changed it but they did try replacing it with the 9kw and it was the same so a whole new system it is.
    Would you have a rough idea of price? If I ring a plumber I'd like to have an idea so I know if he's dear or not.
    Just trying to figure out if we can get it done this side of Xmas. So frustrating having such a lousy shower.

Probably academic now that you are replacing it with a pumped shower but when you say the pressure was dropping off....was this accompanied by the shower running hot/cold? and can you get a big flow if you turn the temperature control anti-clockwise, I'm just wondering if there was some restriction introduced somewhere when the bathroom was refurbished.

Advertisement