Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How quickly can you switch providers

Options
  • 22-11-2018 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

How often and how quickly can you switch between phone providers?

I heard someone at work talking about jumping between providers to get Xmas deals...is there some clause in the t&c's to discourage/prevent this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

If you're out of contract or on a 30 day sim only deal you can switch providers and it would happen same day. If you're still in contract you wont switch so easily unless you buy yourself out of the contract

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just be aware that alot of these offers are for first time movers, ie: never been on the network before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭LowOdour

antodeco wrote: »
    Just be aware that alot of these offers are for first time movers, ie: never been on the network before
    And that there must be the catch!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭raxy

It would depend what deal you're after.
    I've switched to three to get free credit & switched back after a few times now.
    If the deal is for free gifts you generally only get the gifts until after the cooling off period expires so you'll be stuck in a 24 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

If you're out of contract or on a 30 day sim only deal you can switch providers and it would happen same day. If you're still in contract you wont switch so easily unless you buy yourself out of the contract

not true the network cant hold your number no more.I was with eir and have had enough of them and moved to virgin no issues. Did not even bother telling eir due to how they treat you.. i had several months left on contract

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »

not true the network cant hold your number no more.I was with eir and have had enough of them and moved to virgin no issues. Did not even bother telling eir due to how they treat you.. i had several months left on contract

If you are still in contract the network will expect to be paid the amount you contractually agreed to pay. They will not allow your number to be ported to another network until they have been paid in full. If they have broken the contract by putting up the price or some other major change then you can walk but they all expect 30 days notice whether you're leaving in or out of contract

If you are still in contract the network will expect to be paid the amount you contractually agreed to pay. They will not allow your number to be ported to another network until they have been paid in full. If they have broken the contract by putting up the price or some other major change then you can walk but they all expect 30 days notice whether you're leaving in or out of contract
    Ported 3 months ago what are you on about..

I doubt they let you go easily if you were in contract

I doubt they let you go easily if you were in contract
    Didn't give any notice ported in one day. They treat you like dirt and also they stole a large sum of money from my bank account a while ago with no answer to it. That is a matter that will be public soon and it will see them in huge trouble.

Didn't give any notice ported in one day. They treat you like dirt and also they stole a large sum of money from my bank account a while ago with no answer to it. That is a matter that will be public soon and it will see them in huge trouble.

The amount they took is probably the remainder of the money they thought they would get from you under your contract

• Advertisement

The amount they took is probably the remainder of the money they thought they would get from you under your contract
    Nope happened long before I ported. They refuse to give explanation. We are talking 1200 euro here..

Nope happened long before I ported. They refuse to give explanation. We are talking 1200 euro here..

Ouch! If they took an amount like that they have to explain what its for

Ouch! If they took an amount like that they have to explain what its for
    That is the issue here my accountant spotted it. Two months after it happened so how many others has it happened too.. They didn't cop it at all until I rang about it. Couldn't and refused to give me a reason.

Advertisement