Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund for cancelled insurance

Options
  • 22-11-2018 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi I cancelled my insurance policy in September but as it was close to the date of renewal a payment was taken which I was told would be returned on my returning the disc which I did.

The next month I received a request for my next payment so obviously the policy wasn't cancelled and possibly the disc not received but I dont know how I would be aware having complied with all requests from your agents.

I would like my refund but having spent a substantial amount while on hold with your agents previously would prefer to conduct this business by mail.

Can you assist or forward my request to a relevant party.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi I cancelled my insurance policy in September but as it was close to the date of renewal a payment was taken which I was told would be returned on my returning the disc which I did.

The next month I received a request for my next payment so obviously the policy wasn't cancelled and possibly the disc not received but I dont know how I would be aware having complied with all requests from your agents.

I would like my refund but having spent a substantial amount while on hold with your agents previously would prefer to conduct this business by mail.

Can you assist or forward my request to a relevant party.

Thanks

Thanks Paddytheman for reaching out to us here on Boards overnight.

We have sent you a private message to help resolve this for you. When you can, send us a reply and we'll follow this up for you.

So sorry to hear The refund is taking so long, we will link in with the Team for you.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Hey Alison sent 3 pm's now but no one has responded since Saturday. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Hey Alison sent 3 pm's now but no one has responded since Saturday. Any suggestions?

Hi Paddytheman,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we had problems with our private messages this week but it is resolved now.

I am going to contact RSA insurance today to organise a call back for you to get this resolved. We have your contact details from the PM's you sent.

Thank you for your patience with this.

John

Hi Paddytheman,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we had problems with our private messages this week but it is resolved now.

I am going to contact RSA insurance today to organise a call back for you to get this resolved. We have your contact details from the PM's you sent.

Thank you for your patience with this.

John
    So......any word on that response yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Please accept our apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we had problems with our private messages this week but it is resolved now.

How convenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

So......any word on that response yet?

Hi Paddytheman,

Thanks for coming back to us. We did link in with the relevant Team and they mentioned they emailed you on 30 November in relation to this. We will send you a PM shortly with some additional information.

Thanks Jen

Hey Jen, both mailed and called to cancel my insurance and was told as there were only a few days to go my premium may be taken and not to take any action with my bank as any overpayment would be refunded. I was asked to return the new certificate which would be in the post by that stage.
    I have been seeking a refund of this €88, having checked there is a payment made to me of €23 so now it seems the policy hasn't been terminated when I requested before it's renewal.

I would appreciate if you as my bank can resolve this with your insurance agent and revert to me with a solution.

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hey Jen, both mailed and called to cancel my insurance and was told as there were only a few days to go my premium may be taken and not to take any action with my bank as any overpayment would be refunded. I was asked to return the new certificate which would be in the post by that stage.
    I have been seeking a refund of this €88, having checked there is a payment made to me of €23 so now it seems the policy hasn't been terminated when I requested before it's renewal.

I would appreciate if you as my bank can resolve this with your insurance agent and revert to me with a solution.

Many thanks.

Hi Paddytheman,

Thanks for coming back to us here with this information. We will ask our Insurance team to contact you again to discuss the discrepancy with the refund you have received and what you were expecting. Please be assured that we will certainly pass this onto the relevant team this morning.

Thanks Jen

Many thanks.

Hi Paddytheman,

Thanks for coming back to us here with this information. We will ask our Insurance team to contact you again to discuss the discrepancy with the refund you have received and what you were expecting. Please be assured that we will certainly pass this onto the relevant team this morning.

Thanks Jen
    Hi Jen,

That's another 2 full working days and I haven't heard a thing, I dont think I'm being unreasonable seeking a refund for a payment taken for a product that wasn't requested over 2 months ago. It was the 23rd November when I made contact on this page and once again I dont feel I'm being unreasonable to expect to have rectified the situation in this time frame.

Is there a process for me to escalate my complaint?

Regards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Many thanks.

Hi Paddytheman,

Thanks Jen
    Hi Jen,

That's another 2 full working days and I haven't heard a thing, I dont think I'm being unreasonable seeking a refund for a payment taken for a product that wasn't requested over 2 months ago. It was the 23rd November when I made contact on this page and once again I dont feel I'm being unreasonable to expect to have rectified the situation in this time frame.

Is there a process for me to escalate my complaint?

Regards.

Thanks for getting back to us here. Can you confirm with us if you received any call or emails after you were talking to us on Friday? Also have you received our last PM here on boards?
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Darren,

Finally been contacted as of Wednesday and been told I will be refunded but no reason given. 

They actually informed me to cancel the mandate or I will have another €800 taken this week due to a glitch in their system....the mind boggles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Darren,

Finally been contacted as of Wednesday and been told I will be refunded but no reason given. 

They actually informed me to cancel the mandate or I will have another €800 taken this week due to a glitch in their system....the mind boggles

Thanks for letting us know. You can cancel the Direct Debit mandate through your 365 online profile by clicking the + sign beside the last time the direct debit came out on your transaction history and then pressing the cancel option.
    Thanks again for getting in touch and sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    Darren.

Advertisement