Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bohermeen Half

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I have an entry that I won't be using unfortunately, if anyone is still looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭pc11

Supercell wrote: »
    Number and shirt arrived in the post today, looking forward to it!

Same here. Is there a nice way to say I will never wear that shirt?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Love the t-shirt but it is too small. Can I exchange it for a bigger size? It is definitely sized smaller than previous Bohermeen t-shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Hey folks, does anyone know what the parking situation is like on the morning of the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Applegirl26

coogy wrote: »
    Hey folks, does anyone know what the parking situation is like on the morning of the race?

Hey coogy, I've read about there being a field to park in and if its raining , we may need a push to get going when we're finished! Ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Lots of people parked on side roads last year. There are a couple of shuttle buses ferrying people up the road to the community centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Hey coogy, I've read about there being a field to park in and if its raining , we may need a push to get going when we're finished! Ha!

'A field'.

How reassuring!!!:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Applegirl26

'A field'.

How reassuring!!!:p:p

I thought it was cute! Ha!

Seriously though I have parked in a field for many a race and was darn grateful for it. No issues there, it was just reading about the trouble some had leaving a rain soaked field... I may bring my wellies if its raining that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭muloc

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Lots of people parked on side roads last year. There are a couple of shuttle buses ferrying people up the road to the community centre.

I just parked on the side of the road and I was there quite late. wasn't a problem. did have to walk maybe a km to the centre and then maybe another km back to the start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mogrump

If anyone is looking for an entry please let me know. Happy to send by post if needed. Just PM me, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

Looking for an entry if anyone knows of one going

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mogrump

lanno wrote: »
    Looking for an entry if anyone knows of one going

I have one available if you want to PM me, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Weather not looking great. Is there pacers for this race?

There were last year. I think it was every ten minutes from 1:30 up...not sure if they went over 2:00

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

First time doing this half.

Just wondering out of ten, how hard do people rate this ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

doughef wrote: »
    First time doing this half.

Just wondering out of ten, how hard do people rate this ?

Thanks
    "Hard" is a relative term, this is a flat(ish) course with no major hills or drags. Wind could play a factor but it is a pb potential course. It's a 2 lap course (1st lap is longer as you take a detour to add on the distance).

"Hard" is a relative term, this is a flat(ish) course with no major hills or drags. Wind could play a factor but it is a pb potential course. It's a 2 lap course (1st lap is longer as you take a detour to add on the distance).

So basically get to know the course on the first lap and then plan your attack if you have anything for the second.

Hope to go with the 1:40 pacers, think i am stronger than I was for Charleville last Sept, did 7 13 miles runs in training.

I just got a definite reply to this from Bohermeen AC. Pacers are for 1:30, 1:40, 1:50, 2:00 and 2:10

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Griff75

Have a spare entry if anybody is looking for one just PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Entry available for transfer, PM me

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement

Oh Jesus I just watched the Met Eireann forecast for Sunday on the news...gales, sleet and snow showers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

skyblue46 wrote:
    Oh Jesus I just watched the Met Eireann forecast for Sunday on the news...gales, sleet and snow showers!

Time to rethink those paces you have planned ;)

Time to rethink those paces you have planned ;)

Time to rethink whether I get out of the car or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Time to rethink whether I get out of the car or not!

Like the footballers, soft once they are brought out of the county.........

OOnegative wrote: »
    Like the footballers, soft once they are brought out of the county.........

Guilty as charged! Me that is haha..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Good luck to all running Bohermeen on Sunday.

Wrap up warm before the race and once you get moving you'll soon warm up and there's always a great spread after. Sorry i wont get over to watch & support as heading to Oldcastle with football. Run well guys & enjoy the good Meath countryside:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Better get my long run in today so I can stay warm and cosy indoors tomorrow so :D

But seriously good luck to everyone racing this tomorrow! Sounds like it'll be character building :pac:

Is there a chance this could be cancelled early in the morning? Before we hit the road

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭browne_rob5

Is there a chance this could be cancelled early in the morning? Before we hit the road

Looks like it might be quite windy but not seeing any weather that would lead to the race being cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

Looks like it might be quite windy but not seeing any weather that would lead to the race being cancelled.

I think there is a nationwide yellow weather warning ?

Advertisement