Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Went Over Data Limit on Three Account

Options
  • 23-11-2018 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all, I have been charged over €200.00 by Three for going 3.2GB over my data allowance on my mobile router. I accept that I am responsible for this however could I contact Three and come to a fair resolution? I just feel that if I was notified once I had already incurred a charge of over €200 that they could have let me know much earlier but simply did not. Would the fact that there are numerous devices and landlines on the account affect how they handle this? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I had this problem a few times with Three, and they were totally unreasonanble. The best I could get was a cap of 75 euro on what they call a "credit facility"

It is ridiculous, they would let me go over my paltry limit, without notification. Allow me to incur a large charge and then withdraw access.

I have since switched to Eir mobile and getting a much better service.

Do Three not have unlimited access on their mobile network now though??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Max_Honda

joe40 wrote: »
    I had this problem a few times with Three, and they were totally unreasonanble. The best I could get was a cap of 75 euro on what they call a "credit facility"

It is ridiculous, they would let me go over my paltry limit, without notification. Allow me to incur a large charge and then withdraw access.

I have since switched to Eir mobile and getting a much better service.

Do Three not have unlimited access on their mobile network now though??
    I totally agree, it is a mobile router not phone so it was limited to 60GB (I have since got an unlimited plan). I would also move however it is a business account with many phone etc on it so would be a lot of hassle to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I had a mobile router as well. With the unlimited package it should not happen now, but while it was in place it was a blatant bit of corporate profiteering. I don't know how the regulator allowed it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Max_Honda

joe40 wrote: »
    I had a mobile router as well. With the unlimited package it should not happen now, but while it was in place it was a blatant bit of corporate profiteering. I don't know how the regulator allowed it

I know, unlimited data is actually €10 cheaper per month. Unbelievable!

Advertisement