Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reliable mechanic Dublin 24

• 23-11-2018 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've recently bought 06 Mini One and though nothing seems wrong with it I'd like to have it inspected and serviced if needed before going on any longer trips.
    Could you recommend a good mechanic in Dublin 24 that won't rip me off?
    Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

We have used Sweeneys Garage on the Belgard road a few times and were happy with them . Its beside Bargaintown .

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    We have used Sweeneys Garage on the Belgard road a few times and were happy with them . Its beside Bargaintown .

Thanks!
    Would you say that my best option would be to bring it for full service? What is covered by 25 points check?
    It's my first car ever so don't know anything. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Vladi_ wrote: »
    Thanks!
    Would you say that my best option would be to bring it for full service? What is covered by 25 points check?

Really sorry but I am not the right person to answer !! I only know where the garage is and how to get my car there .! But I found them helpful and I needed them they knew what to do .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Thanks!

Yes your best option would be a full service.

Considering this is a new car to you, it is always best to start from scratch with a basic full service so you know when to service it from then on.

The cost for a full service on their website for your car's engine size is €185. That's not too bad for what they provide.

A 25 point check would basically be a visual inspection of the whole car for things like brakes, suspension, shock absorbers, lights, and probably a road test. If anything more major is wrong then they will let you know and give you the option to do further work if required.

Did you get any service history with the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

Pops_20 wrote: »
    Yes your best option would be a full service.

Considering this is a new car to you, it is always best to start from scratch with a basic full service so you know when to service it from then on.

The cost for a full service on their website for your car's engine size is €185. That's not too bad for what they provide.

A 25 point check would basically be a visual inspection of the whole car for things like brakes, suspension, shock absorbers, lights, and probably a road test. If anything more major is wrong then they will let you know and give you the option to do further work if required.

Did you get any service history with the car?

Thank you!
    I have, yeah. It was serviced regularly. There's no date of the last service stamp but it says next one recommended is at 140000km which the car still doesn't have or 08/18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Thank you!
    I have, yeah. It was serviced regularly. There's no date of the last service stamp but it says next one recommended is at 140000km which the car still doesn't have or 08/18.

In that case you should service it as soon as possibly as you've already passed August 2018.

Advertisement