Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU1A, documents when home-owning

Options
  • 23-11-2018 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello, we're submitting the EU1A form for my girlfriend and in the document check list it says "if home-owning - Letter from mortgage provider, local authority, or County Council". I bought the apartment outright (without mortgage) and will send them the title but I have no idea what letter from local authority/county council (which is I assume the Dublin City Council in my case) they want. I was never in contact with the Council and have no documents from them, could someone please clarify to me what letter they want?

Thanks a lot for any advice.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/form-EUTR1A.pdf/Files/form-EUTR1A.pdf

466743.png

Some people will have bought their property from or via a council, but this doesn't apply to you.

I would highlight that you own it outright and include copies of the title deeds and utility bills.

The form looks a bit shoddy - all county councils are local authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Property tax letter from local authority?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Atamiri

Thanks a lot, this was my understanding too but since they insisted I wasn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Atamiri

Caranica wrote: »
    Property tax letter from local authority?
    I received property tax letters from the Revenue, not local authority. They aren't happy with the letter.

Advertisement