Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dyson V8/V10

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

yabadabado wrote: »
    Bump

I'm in the market for the Dyson V10 Animal.
    Any good deals on them at the moment?

I have it and love it! Life changing with 2 small kids and a hairy dog. I can send you a 10% off power city voucher...show at till and pay €405.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

is the Dyson V10 Animal the same as the dyson v10 absolute without some attachments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

With these cordless Dysons is there any way to charge them just using a plug and a wire or are you locked into the wall mounted unit?

Also how many minutes of operation are people getting off a full battery? Is there any noticeable degradation in battery life after a years use?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    With these cordless Dysons is there any way to charge them just using a plug and a wire or are you locked into the wall mounted unit?

Also how many minutes of operation are people getting off a full battery? Is there any noticeable degradation in battery life after a years use?

I don’t have mine mounted. I just charge it with the plug. I wait till battery empties before charging.

On max power I get 7 minutes....which means I vacuum all downstairs and half the stairs going to 1st floor.

On minimum I think I get an hour but not sure as I never use it on this setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks Millem. How many different power settings do they have? 7 minutes isnt much but is there a setting with good power that will get you 20 minutes to do the whole house in one go?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thanks Millem. How many different power settings do they have? 7 minutes isnt much but is there a setting with good power that will get you 20 minutes to do the whole house in one go?

7 minutes is loads because once you have your hand off it it turns off....if that makes sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

I have a V8. I find my battery is as good as ever after 2 years. I only run out of battery if I'm doing a major clean on the car. The attachments are great for the car.
    I never do the whole house in one go. I do downstairs or upstairs. I now do my hoovering more often. Little and often I suppose.

I gave my big hoover to my sister as I never use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

the wire slots into the wall mount, if you dont mount it, you can just use the cable and plug in

v8 last about 25mins on max, or a clean of the car with the attachments which use up more energy
    2 years old, good as new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Millem wrote: »
    I don’t have mine mounted. I just charge it with the plug. I wait till battery empties before charging.

On max power I get 7 minutes....which means I vacuum all downstairs and half the stairs going to 1st floor.

On minimum I think I get an hour but not sure as I never use it on this setting.

Was in a store on Saturday looking at these and guy there who is very knowledgeable told me that Max power is really only for ingrained dirt like a biscuit that has been stepped on and in the carpet. He said that normal power is more than adequate for normal use!

Gets a few people bringing them back cos battery gone after 10 minutes on Max when that setting is not really intended for prolonged use!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

scout353 wrote: »
    Was in a store on Saturday looking at these and guy there who is very knowledgeable told me that Max power is really only for ingrained dirt like a biscuit that has been stepped on and in the carpet. He said that normal power is more than adequate for normal use!

Gets a few people bringing them back cos battery gone after 10 minutes on Max when that setting is not really intended for prolonged use!

I've a V8 and I use it mostly on max. TBH guys in electrical stores are generally full of sh1t and will say anything to get a sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I would agree that max power isnt really needed for most jobs.The normal settings will do a perfect job for the normal vacuuming of floors imo .

V10 will last around 50mins on normal setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

sweetie wrote: »
    I've a V8 and I use it mostly on max. TBH guys in electrical stores are generally full of sh1t and will say anything to get a sale.

That may be so in your experience (and I've also met some of those who knew nothing about the product they were trying to sell) but I actually know this guy and he is very honest in his recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

scout353 wrote: »
    That may be so in your experience (and I've also met some of those who knew nothing about the product they were trying to sell) but I actually know this guy and he is very honest in his recommendations.

I've a V8 and very seldom need to use the max setting on it. It does almost pull the carpet up, but it cuts the battery life to about a quarter of what it is on the normal setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

Just got a V10 (still in the box) and I have seen a video on how Wash the Soft roller cleaner head brush bars .

I am just wondering.
    does the Brush bar last for many years or has to be replaced after a few?

• Advertisement
Advertisement