Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 8 or iPhone 7 plus

• 23-11-2018 1:06pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm due an upgrade and can get the 8 free or 7 plus for €49. I'm leaning towards the 7Plus for the bigger screen. Any guidance from you guys?
    tia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I'm all about bigger screens but if your current phone is 'regular' size and it's fine, I'd definitely go with the 8 and use that €50 for something else. It's also a newer phone. Can you think of anything else to do with that €50 each month? Spend/save/future holiday?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Its a one off 50, I was leaning to 7plus for screen but seen on another thread here Eir have good deal with xr so just comparing them now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

pc7 wrote: »
    Its a one off 50, I was leaning to 7plus for screen but seen on another thread here Eir have good deal with xr so just comparing them now!

Ah sorry, got ya now. Well, if its a one off then the screen size is a nice bonus. Before I went for my 6 plus, I bought a cheap case and carried it around for a week (pocket, coat, backpack etc.) just to see if the bigger size would be a problem and it wasn't for me. I couldn't go smaller now I don't think. The XR is pretty for sure but I think the 7 plus should have a couple of years in it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

7 plus for the better camera(s)

Advertisement