If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Over ear Headphones with NC

Options
  • 23-11-2018 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    Been trying to decide between headphones the last week and I've narrowed my short list down to and want to ask what you can do on price.

Sony XM2's  €219 Six euro more  than you in curry's with delivery but I can 10% cash back on my debit card.

Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless  €225  around same price as most places but I was really hoping they're would be some better offers on them around as I'd reckon they are close to be discontinued.  Missed out on them at €180 earlier in the week and Sennheiser were selling them in the summer for €158 

Sennheiser 4.50BTNC €139  You are best price around for but amazon have their SE version on sale for £90 pounds today.

Money no object I'd go with the XM2's I know they are the best but they are a bit more than I really should be spending. Really do like the look of the momentum's though but would probably only go for them if they were a good bit cheaper then the Sony's

The 4.50s do seem very good for the money and probably what I should go for. 

Any other options 
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ryath wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    Been trying to decide between headphones the last week and I've narrowed my short list down to and want to ask what you can do on price.

Sony XM2's  €219 Six euro more  than you in curry's with delivery but I can 10% cash back on my debit card.

Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless  €225  around same price as most places but I was really hoping they're would be some better offers on them around as I'd reckon they are close to be discontinued.  Missed out on them at €180 earlier in the week and Sennheiser were selling them in the summer for €158 

Sennheiser 4.50BTNC €139  You are best price around for but amazon have their SE version on sale for £90 pounds today.

Money no object I'd go with the XM2's I know they are the best but they are a bit more than I really should be spending. Really do like the look of the momentum's though but would probably only go for them if they were a good bit cheaper then the Sony's

The 4.50s do seem very good for the money and probably what I should go for. 

Any other options 
    Thanks
    Hi Ryath.

Yip the Sony's for me would also be the best on the list but are now an in store collection as stock is limited.

There is very little margin on the Sennheisers so I have no discount on them either.

I could offer the 4.50 at £120 but the SE version are not ones available to us.

How about perhaps the AKG N60 NC Wireless priced at £149.00 - The wired version of them got a 5 star review in What HiFi.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202706-akg-n60-nc-wireless-black-on-ear-closed-back-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

I'll have to think about it pity about the XM2's.

Knew about the 4.50 SE's they're an amazon exclusive they seem to be the same headphone just don't have the silver finish on them. What's the price in euro delivered to Ireland on the normal versions you have.

The AKG's do look good but my brother has the AKG y50 BT versions and while they sound great I didn't find them comfortable the headband was hurting me after just a few minutes. 

Knew about the 4.50 SE's they're an amazon exclusive they seem to be the same headphone just don't have the silver finish on them. What's the price in euro delivered to Ireland on the normal versions you have.

The AKG's do look good but my brother has the AKG y50 BT versions and while they sound great I didn't find them comfortable the headband was hurting me after just a few minutes. 
    Hi Ryath.

I could offer the 4.50 at £120 or 142 Euro delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Hi Ryath.

Could have sworn they were €139 earlier on your site! Would you think the XM2s are worth the extra over them?

Hi Ryath.

Could have sworn they were €139 earlier on your site! Would you think the XM2s are worth the extra over them?
    Hey Ryath.

I don't think they were listed at 139 Euro as we have had no price increases today.

In my opinion the Sony XM2 are a far better headphone and much better technology used within them.

One of my colleagues have a pair of the XM2 and I've had a listen and they are great.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.