Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two bomb scares - City Square and Courthouse

Options
  • 23-11-2018 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Army bomb disposal squad on way to Court, while City Square is now reopening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I'm going to throw my guess out there now as it being people innocently but stupidly leaving bags behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd say the cops must feel the Courthouse object must look plausible otherwise the bomb squad wouldn't have been called in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://www.wlrfm.com/2018/11/23/device-found-at-waterford-court-house-was-non-viable/
    A suspicious device found on the grounds of Waterford Court House has been declared an ‘elaborate hoax’.

Gardai received a 999 call at half ten this morning alerting them to multiple explosive devices in and around the Catherine Street Courthouse.

The building was evacuated and Gardai located the device on the perimeter of the grounds.

The Army bomb disposal unit arrived shortly before 2.00pm and the scene was declared safe at around 4.15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I'm going to throw my guess out there now as it being people innocently but stupidly leaving bags behind.

The City Square one is supposedly a suspicious bag left in a car, with the engine running, in the car park. Not sure how or why you would leave your car with the engine running in there.

Advertisement