If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65" TV Query

Options
  • 23-11-2018 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi there. 

I'm interested in a 65" TV. I'll be mainly streaming SD, 720 and 1080 content so not sure if its worth investing in OLED or anything that ends up being more then I actually need. I'm looking for something that will help in with the picture quality if possible. What suggestions would you have. Budget is flexible. Looking at the 800-1400 euro mark. LG seems to be well respected on here but I've seen some interest in Phillips, a brand I'd never usually consider for a TV. Not concerned with sound as have whole system I got from you before thats still in the box :-)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there. 

I'm interested in a 65" TV. I'll be mainly streaming SD, 720 and 1080 content so not sure if its worth investing in OLED or anything that ends up being more then I actually need. I'm looking for something that will help in with the picture quality if possible. What suggestions would you have. Budget is flexible. Looking at the 800-1400 euro mark. LG seems to be well respected on here but I've seen some interest in Phillips, a brand I'd never usually consider for a TV. Not concerned with sound as have whole system I got from you before thats still in the box :-)
    Hi Blazesoftware.

OLED is the better of the technologies by far but you would not get the best out of it on 720 or 1080.

Have a look at the 65SK8100 priced at 1149 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203298-lg-65sk8100pla-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Sony have their 65XF7003 also at 1149 euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203458-sony-bravia-kd65xf7003bu-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd.aspx

Pansonic have the 65FX700 coming in at 1249 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203443-panasonic-tx65fx700b-65-inch-ultra-hd-4k-hdr-led-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Samsungs 65NU8000 coming in at 1339 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203204-samsung-ue65nu8000-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1000-led-tv.aspx

Let me know if any of the above may be of interest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blazesoftware

Hi Kenny,

All look good, all similar price. Based on the content quality I'll be streaming and the fact I'd like the best picture within reason would you have a standout from these 4. I considered dropping to a 55" to go with OLED but I just don't think there is any point given the content quality. I've been using a projector and screen from you guys for the past year or so want to maintain big screen viewing as best I can hence the 65" Thanks

Hi Kenny,

All look good, all similar price. Based on the content quality I'll be streaming and the fact I'd like the best picture within reason would you have a standout from these 4. I considered dropping to a 55" to go with OLED but I just don't think there is any point given the content quality. I've been using a projector and screen from you guys for the past year or so want to maintain big screen viewing as best I can hence the 65" Thanks
    Hey Blazesoftware.

I purchased an OLED last Christmas and it was the best purchase I've made in a long time. 
    It handles full HD brilliantly but has it moments with standard def depending on the broadcast.

On the above 65" is a toss up between the Samsung and the Panasonic.
    The Samsung is a native 10 bit panel but unless you are gaming or watching 4K content is would not be that important to you.

Hi Kenny

I'm more inclined to go with the Samsung but did look at the Richersounds review of the LG (and with the A7 processor and their web OS I thought it might be the one up against the Samsung). It also seem to be good at up scaling. Any reason it wasn't in the top tow? 

The LG is the same price down here as your listed Euro price. I know there is the 6 year warranty but would there be any deals as I've shipping too? I bought quite a bit of gear in the past (wink)

Hi Kenny

I'm more inclined to go with the Samsung but did look at the Richersounds review of the LG (and with the A7 processor and their web OS I thought it might be the one up against the Samsung). It also seem to be good at up scaling. Any reason it wasn't in the top tow? 

The LG is the same price down here as your listed Euro price. I know there is the 6 year warranty but would there be any deals as I've shipping too? I bought quite a bit of gear in the past (wink)
    Hi blazesoftware,

The OLED would definitely be the better buy in terms of picture quality and the better smart hub.

Our Black Friday would be the best we could do at the moment, I've really no movement on them at the moment!

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Lads,

It took me a bit longer to get the $$ together and I see some of the prices changed overnight. I'm like hours to late.  The Samsung UE65NU8000 seems to have gone up 100 pounds. Any late deal to be had on it? I see the LG 65SK8100PLA remains the same at 999 pounds. Any deals on that? Problem is it looks like the LG is collection only. I don't think it would fit in the car even if I could get up there.  thanks

If it helps. There are a few places still selling it at a reduced rate. I know its not a perfect match but Samsung are offing a 5 yr warranty. Appliances direct for example have it at 1097 pounds and 35 pounds for delivery to Southern Ireland in case a price match option is feasible.  

Hi Lads,

It took me a bit longer to get the $$ together and I see some of the prices changed overnight. I'm like hours to late.  The Samsung UE65NU8000 seems to have gone up 100 pounds. Any late deal to be had on it? I see the LG 65SK8100PLA remains the same at 999 pounds. Any deals on that? Problem is it looks like the LG is collection only. I don't think it would fit in the car even if I could get up there.  thanks
    Hey Blazesoftware.

There seems to have been in Samsung sets across all retailers. Prices can change sometimes 2 or 3 times a day to stay inline with the market.

The 65SK8100 is listed an in-store only collection due to stock having run out at current. We have been chasing LG for more stock but have no concrete incoming date.

The best I could with the current price increase would be to meet you half way at £1249 with the usual £6.99 shipping. (There are currently less than a handful left in stock).

Let me know your thoughts.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

If it helps. There are a few places still selling it at a reduced rate. I know its not a perfect match but Samsung are offing a 5 yr warranty. Appliances direct for example have it at 1097 pounds and 35 pounds for delivery to Southern Ireland in case a price match option is feasible.  
    They don't have any stock - their site currently  says stock available for collection from 29th December...

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks lads. I'll have to hold off until it comes down again or unless the LG comes into stock for delivery at the current price. 

• Advertisement

Thanks lads. I'll have to hold off until it comes down again or unless the LG comes into stock for delivery at the current price. 
    No problem Blazesoftware.

Keep your eye on our website in case the LG changes to Buy It Now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.