Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby passport queries

• 23-11-2018 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Our baby is 8 days old and we want to apply for his passport asap.

His mother (my wife) is French and I am Irish. Citizens Information mentions :
    Where a parent is a national of an EU/EEA Member State or Switzerland, the parent must have resided in the island of Ireland for a total of 3 or more years during the 4 years immediately before the birth. That parent's passport, or national identity card, and Declaration Form A (pdf) must be provided.

Does this apply to us as one parent is Irish ? Is it only applicable when both parents are not Irish but members of other EU countries ?

Thank you for any assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

No.
    Once you're Irish it's straightforward.
    The child is entitled to citizenship based on your citizenship, regardless of whether yoy live in Ireland.

You'll need your own passport and documents if memory serves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

No.
    Once you're Irish it's straightforward.
    The child is entitled to citizenship based on your citizenship, regardless of whether yoy live in Ireland.

You'll need your own passport and documents if memory serves.

That's correct we got our recently.

You'll need your passport and baby's birth cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

That's correct we got our recently.

You'll need your passport and baby's birth cert.

Thanks for the info, yes I have the birth cert.

Regarding the photos, how strict are they with newborns? Eyes open, facing camera are most important? . Keeping the mouth closed is proving to be challenging!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

grahamor wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, yes I have the birth cert.

Regarding the photos, how strict are they with newborns? Eyes open, facing camera are most important? . Keeping the mouth closed is proving to be challenging!

Yes we went to a chemist and about three guys helped us distract himself till they got the picture we needed.

Our problem was sticking tongue out but we got one eventually ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

When we got ours for our baby we couldn’t get a photo with her mouth fully closed. It was still accepted , and the chemist reckoned they were more lenient with baby pictures anyway. Lying down on a changing mat (upside down so its white) with you over them is the easiest way I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

Our toddlers mouth is opened in his and they took it

Advertisement