Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda CR-V 2.2CDTi

• 23-11-2018 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,132 ✭✭✭✭

I am thinking of picking up one of these about 8-10 years old(2008-2010). Most of the adds say they so 43mpg. For one with about 170k to 200k in kilometers on they are costing 4-7k depending on whether it's a private sale or out of a dealer. Are they that efficient on fuel and are they fairly dependable

Slava Ukrainii

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Timing chain issues, injector issues and the manifold cracking (symptoms exhaust fumes in the cabin), DMF's are pretty pricey. Most of these issues are associated with the 138bhp i-ctdi especially early ones 03,04,05 etc they might be less prevalent on an 08 one and even less so on the newer 147bhp DTEC engines.

All in all a well minded example could be a decent buy. I couldn't comment of fuel economy but they can't be too bad really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The timing chain issues are down to servicing and in particular using the correct grade oil. The exhaust manifold affected the accords - I didn't know it affected CRV - but that was on 05 models and was rectified quickly by Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Coley35

I have 08 CRV 2.2d with the last 3 years or so. Got it with 203000km on it with full Honda service history. There is almost 260000km on it now and it's going like a dream. I'm getting 41mpg on average (live in the country but work in the city) so good reflection of combined driving. Get it serviced on schedule by my local mechanic & the first year I took it to him I brought my own oil (5w 30) with me. He wouldn't use it, main dealer oil only(0w 30), as he said I could have issues otherwise. Only other parts needed in this time were rear anti roll bar bushes and new battery. I would highly recommend one from my experience anyway!

Advertisement