Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boiler issue

• 24-11-2018 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Just wondering if I could pick somebody's brain about an issue with my boiler .

Had bord Gais service the boiler in August thinking I'd get it done before the cold kicks in . I've only started using it the last couple of weeks and noticed the pressure drops to 0 after every use , so basically the timer won't work because you have to top up the pressure every time before use .

Rang Bord Gais about the problem so they sent somebody out . The engineer informed me I need an expansion tank to be fitted and will cost 4-500 to install . I informed him that the last person who worked on the tank was one of their employees only 11 weeks ago so was it an issue arising from that .

They said it's over 60 days since the service so nothing they can do .

My question is , what could have gone wrong that I now need an expansion tank after 8 years without one ? And would it be more likely that the sealed chamber was damaged during the service ?

Any ideas would be very much welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

Sounds like u are getting ripped. I assume he is saying u need a new expansion vessel not a tank. This would not be damaged during a service. A drop in pressure usually indicates a leak somewhere on the system. A new vessel costs 30-40 €. Some specific types that fit into the boiler can be over €100 but u can add a generic vessel in other parts of the system.

Advertisement