Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman

Options
  • 24-11-2018 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

We ordered a dryer last Saturday. The site said it was available for collection in Naas. However we then got a call to say it wasn’t available but it should be in Wednesday. We haven’t heard from you since. I tried messaging you on Facebook messenger on Thursday but got no answer. I called naas today but got diverted to a centralized customer service center who told me the status is pending still. I think your delivery and customer service is deplorable. We’ve gotten a good few things over the years from you but never again. We want a full refund so that we can get the dryer in a shop that actually provides the goods to customers that they paid for.‪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

<SNIP>

Harvey Norman aren't on boards, you request for a refund won't be seee

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Are you expecting an answer from Harvey Norman here? They don't have anyone working on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I hear HN have a sale on....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

If you ordered online, you have a legal entitlement to a refund within 2 weeks.

They state this on their website too

So instead of getting worked up, simply cancel the order and buy elsewhere. That's the huge benefit of online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Truckermal wrote: »
    I hear HN have a sale on....:pac:

I heard that they once did not have a sale on. Once.

OP, go to a HN store and talk to them face to face. You will get fobbed off otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 GrahamCassidy

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Go Harvey go
    Go to Harvey Norman and see what the story is, they are useless at helping via email etc, I once enquirer about a delivery for a tv and by the time they replied it was hanging on the wall

Thanks for the reply. I was talking to them on the phone yesterday before I posted here and I have now got the refund. The reason that I posted here was not primarily to get the refund. I think that if their service is this bad then we should raise awareness of it via forums and social media. Otherwise nothing will change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Thanks for the reply. I was talking to them on the phone yesterday before I posted here and I have now got the refund. The reason that I posted here was not primarily to get the refund. I think that if their service is this bad then we should raise awareness of it via forums and social media. Otherwise nothing will change.

so you rang them and they gave n IMMEDIATE refund without quibble and you still have an issue?

They made an error. They gave an immediate refund upon your request, without quibble and without any delay.

What more could they have done?

I say that's good service and i'm no fan of their aggressive marketing.

People do make errors - I'm sure you've made errors now and then too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sorry, are you saying the issue was resolved before beginning the thread? That a mistake was made and a refund agreed? What was with the "we want a full refund" then?

Sorry, are you saying the issue was resolved before beginning the thread? That a mistake was made and a refund agreed? What was with the "we want a full refund" then?

I called them yesterday morning. I asked for a refund but was told that they would need to contact the store first. I then posted here as I felt I was being given the run around. The issue was resolved this morning when I saw the refund go through. At this stage only I considered it resolved.

I don’t believe that HN just made 1 mistake. I believe they made 3.

1. Their site displayed last Saturday that the stock was available in Naas. It turned out it wasn’t and I believe this was purposely misleading. I would not have purchased the dryer if it wasn’t actually available immediately as we needed it urgently. We had to use a family members’ dryer because of the mislead.

2. They failed to communicate to me that the item was out of stock.They said that they have it in the warehouse and that it should be in Naas by Wednesday. If I hadn’t contacted them then my order would have been in limbo for an indefinite time.

3. When I contacted them on messenger I never got a reply. Im sorry but I just don’t accept that we shouldn’t expect a level of service for online queries in the year 2018.

Maybe my standards are too high but I just don’t believe that the above equates to good customer service and if people think it is then I think that they should be expecting more.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    not much of an issue really and yes your standards are too high
    its not a pizza you are ordering lol if they thought it was in stock and it was not, what did you expect ? they have to get one for you and this takes time.
    you could have requested a refund much earlier if you were in that much of a hurry, as soon as you requested one they processed it fairly quickly.

When they called me I said that the site indicated that it’s “available”. She said that yes it’s available in the central warehouse but not in Naas. I believe that they are purposely misleading customers in order to sell more stock. This is my main gripe. Yes in fairness I could have asked for a refund at that stage but I reckon that people are less inclined to ask for a refund than “just not buy it in the first place”

I’m obviously in the minority here but I stand by what I said. This is deplorable service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

We ordered a dryer last Saturday. The site said it was available for collection in Naas. However we then got a call to say it wasn’t available but it should be in Wednesday. We haven’t heard from you since. I tried messaging you on Facebook messenger on Thursday but got no answer. I called naas today but got diverted to a centralized customer service center who told me the status is pending still. I think your delivery and customer service is deplorable. We’ve gotten a good few things over the years from you but never again. We want a full refund so that we can get the dryer in a shop that actually provides the goods to customers that they paid for.‪

They really left you hanging out to dry ...

Ah thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

I’m obviously in the minority here but I stand by what I said. This is deplorable service.
    OP you may be in the minority but you are not alone. I and some other friends have discussed similar problems with HN although in my cases the items were never urgently required so I could wait. I had another one fairly recently that got delayed for 2 further days.
    The shop made a mistake it’s not the end of the world
    It is not just as simple as that. Usually when you are looking to purchase an item online from a company including one that has multiple outlets the issue of whether or not the item is in stock is important to the customer. Often the item you want may not be available in all stores so you would chose the store where it is in stock to purchase and you expect the item to be there when you arrive in the store. This Stock Advisory system seems to work fine everywhere else but not in HN.

When you choose the item and move on to the next page to check the stock in their stores there are a number of possibilities:

When you click the tab "Stores with stock" you can get various results:

1. a complete blank
    2. A list of stores indicating "Available", "Limited Availability" or "Available to Order"

Now, any normal consumer would assume that "Available" under "Stores with Stock" tab means exactly that but with HN it ain't necessarily so.

There is also a proviso that such as a large item of furniture or even a suite will not be "available" "in stock" even if it appears so.

I think they need to revamp the online purchasing system and introduce much more clarity so that if an item is said to be in stock it should mean exactly that and, once bought online, your item can't be available to anyone else in the meantime or for a set period.

Even though I like HN and drop in now and then and did another recent online purchase I would never trust HN for something I needed urgently simply because the website stock system can't be trusted.

Argos have a system whereby they hold the item for two days only and is then released for resale if not claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭CryWolf

Don’t Ever Buy Off Harvey Norman!

I ordered a Bosch Washing Machine off Harvey Norman end of November and when it arrived it had a faulty hose. It had a HOLE in it. I got onto Customer Assist and after another week I asked for my money back but they said they would replace it. After several phone calls and emails they say my machine is out for delivery. Now it’s the 18th December and this was ordered 27th of November. Can you just imagine being without a washing machine for that long. I will never touch that company Harvey Norman with a barge pole again for an appliance. Go to another reputable company NOT Harvey Norman. I bought a Hoover from them 2 years ago and that was faulty as well. WORST company to deal with.....All they tell you is lies. I wanted my money back so I could go to CURRYS a brilliant company to deal with.

Stay AWAY from Harvey Norman 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Why didn't you go to CURRYS in the first instance so...

Anyways I'm sure the OP has the clothes dried after 13 months.

Exactly Currys all the way......NOT Harvey Norman.........??
    Truckermal wrote: »
    Why didn't you go to CURRYS in the first instance so...

Anyways I'm sure the OP has the clothes dried after 13 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Currys? - Do a quick google search and you'll runa mile. They are worse than HN.

I only use DID or Expert. They might be an extra tenner, but you'll never have a customer service issue

Yes I have used Expert and it’s local and you are right service is really excellent!! I must look up DID too!!!
    silver2020 wrote: »
    Currys? - Do a quick google search and you'll runa mile. They are worse than HN.

I only use DID or Expert. They might be an extra tenner, but you'll never have a customer service issue

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Just to add to this thread, we've been waiting since September for a couch. We were told we'd have it in the middle of October. We rang at the end of October and were told the following Friday. We rang at the beginning of November and were told this Friday. We rang today and were told January.

I know there's a lot going on at the moment, but this is one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had. I don't know if you've ever not had a couch but it sucks and it would be nice if a company didn't hold onto over a grand of my money for two months and not follow up with me once without being chased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Tpcl20 wrote: »
    Just to add to this thread, we've been waiting since September for a couch. We were told we'd have it in the middle of October. We rang at the end of October and were told the following Friday. We rang at the beginning of November and were told this Friday. We rang today and were told January.

I know there's a lot going on at the moment, but this is one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had. I don't know if you've ever not had a couch but it sucks and it would be nice if a company didn't hold onto over a grand of my money for two months and not follow up with me once without being chased.

Big issue with couches from many places - a lot of parts come from China and are ordered months in advance and there's a massive shortage.

Same with some mattresses

Problem is the head office rarely tell shops the actual issue and instead just fob people off

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Yeah I think in this case it's the English lockdown is the reason they don't have the filler for them? the lad on the phone was nice but the missus reckoned I should have been more annoyed with him. He couldn't do anything about it like. I just wish we weren't staring down the barrel of minimum another two couchless months. I'm tired.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Once they get your cash they pass you off to the delivery people..not our problem ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

CryWolf wrote: »
    Don’t Ever Buy Off Harvey Norman!

I ordered a Bosch Washing Machine off Harvey Norman end of November and when it arrived it had a faulty hose. It had a HOLE in it. &#55357;&#56865;

I also bought a hose last week that had a hole in each end ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

Yeah I think in this case it's the English lockdown is the reason they don't have the filler for them? the lad on the phone was nice but the missus reckoned I should have been more annoyed with him. He couldn't do anything about it like. I just wish we weren't staring down the barrel of minimum another two couchless months. I'm tired.

Hop on to adverts and get either a free one or a really cheap one until the new one arrives. Couple of throws and you'll be grand. Better than being couchless for another two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

This is the problem. You wind up talking to some poor sod who has nothing at all to do with the issue, and has no control over it, so you can't really give out to him.

My biggest issue in a situation like that is the bogus delivery dates that they know are unrealistic. If they were to tell the truth that there are issues in the supply chain and they don't know the expected date, the customer is likely to be less upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

In the case of Limerick they have a warehouse a half mile up the road where you need to go and collect your stuff after buying it in store.

Advertisement