Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Core & Earth

Options
  • 24-11-2018 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know can you buy three core and earth with the new insulated earth CPC?

I was looking to buy some to wire a 2 way switch.

I can see with old type of earth but not the new one.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Any electrical wholesalers should be able to sort you out such as Kellighers, NEW, Eurosales....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

3 core and earth with the new insulation is surprisingly not as widely available as it should be, I've found it hard to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

alan4cult wrote: »
    3 core and earth with the new insulation is surprisingly not as widely available as it should be, I've found it hard to get.

I went to wholesalers yesterday and they only had NYMJ, I asked about three core and earth and they said they don't stock it.

I was told for two way switches most electricians use twin brown and earth is that correct?

Is most wiring on lighting in new builds done in 1.5 twin and earth or is single core cable still used?

Advertisement