Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pay Limit with Phone

• 24-11-2018 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the limit is with phone and NFC?

Trying to use N26 as a joint account where I have phone and quear wan has card. Don't believe you can have two active N26 cards.

AIB site says you can exceed the €30 limit with phone payment but it may be restricted by some merchant terminals.

Anyone ever do transactions over the €30 limit with the phone and Google Pay?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Wombatman wrote: »
    Anyone know what the limit is with phone and NFC?

Trying to use N26 as a joint account where I have phone and quear wan has card. Don't believe you can have two active N26 cards.

AIB site says you can exceed the €30 limit with phone payment but it may be restricted by some merchant terminals.

Anyone ever do transactions over the €30 limit with the phone and Google Pay?

Yes worked fine for me.

Not doing joint accounts is a weakness of N26 - so far the only modern fun tech I’ve found that does is bunq but that costs money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I read somewhere the limit for Google Pay is €1M, so effectively just your bank card limit applies. I've made transactions in the hundreds using Google Pay in store. Tesco and a few others don't support it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I did it for €200 a while ago ro my revolut account

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Different merchant banks have different limits and the limits are configured in the POS terminal.

Generally it's up to €/£999,999.99 for a device verification transaction (GooglePay,ApplePay,GarminPay).

But as mentioned some big stores are still only allowing up to €/£30 (Tesco,Lidl,Aldi).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The Mig wrote: »
    Generally it's up to €/£999,999.99 for a device verification transaction (GooglePay,ApplePay,GarminPay).
    Damn, was a cent off

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

The Mig wrote: »
    Different merchant banks have different limits and the limits are configured in the POS terminal.

But as mentioned some big stores are still only allowing up to €/£30 (Tesco,Lidl,Aldi).

I've used my Google Pay for more than €30 in my local Aldi (IIRC is was about €89). I've also paid over €800 in my local garage using Google Pay. As others have said, it's down to the merchant

Advertisement