Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UBER code - how to stop?

Options
  • 24-11-2018 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

For the last few months, every couple of days I get an UBER code via text message.

The text says; this is your UBER code. If this isn’t you text STOP to etc....

What am I getting these texts?

Is this kosher or a scam?

If I text Stop, will I be hit for a charge?

Should I just block it?

Thanks.

D.

Ps. Just Googled the Stop number: +1520 445 3750. Not good, it seems. So, I may as well block it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

From what number?

Some other person may have put your number in on their app by mistake and be wondering why it won't send them the code, but it could also be fake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

L1011 wrote: »
    From what number?

Some other person may have put your number in on their app by mistake and be wondering why it won't send them the code, but it could also be fake

Good question.

I have UBER in my iPhone Contacts, but no number listed, just the name. I have no recollection of inputting it.

However, “you are currently sharing your location” was turned on there also. I have turned it off. Maybe that will make a difference?

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Block and report to comreg, although they are basically useless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

L1011 wrote: »
    Block and report to comreg, although they are basically useless

Only thing is...

I opened the Uber app and logged out.

I then went to login again...

I put in my mobile number. It then said, input the four digit code we just texted you to complete the login. That code came from the same location, with the same opt-out number attached to it. So, it looks kosher.

Now totally confused.

Not a big deal, just annoying; like so much of the web and social media.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Contact Uber. I've always found them very helpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement