Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contract car leasing versus PCP sole trader?

• 24-11-2018 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭

Which is the way to go for a new car..

I've 2 prices here the car value is 41,069, petrol, 150g Co2 both prices over 3 years.
    One for a contact lease, 515.88 + Vat that includes maintenance of 78.35pm ex vat. Car without maintenance is 437.53 ex vat.
    Benifits, I can sell my own car and pocket the money.

PCP, €380pm, 12k deposit (trade-in), Guaranteed future value of 16k (although this should be higher in reality come trade in time.) I think tax, tyres, maintenance would come in around 2k extra a year. There included in the contract lease.

Car is used around 90% business.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Have you worked out the cost over the 3 years and contractual obligations? Option 1 seems to be cheaper, but what's the catch? I'm sure lease agreements come with restrictions on mileage and wear/tare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The only obligation seems to be keep it in good order and make sure it's insured. Milage limit is fine for me.
    It's more got to do with the tax implications, can I write off the lease, I think I can't write off 15% due to emmisions, and another 10% as it's personal.
    With PCP I think I can accelerate the deprecation over 3yrs. Instead of the 3k over 7yrs with my current car.

It's a bit mind boggling.

Advertisement