Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I can see the argument for selling him but.......

Third highest scorer after not scoring more than one a game and only two bonus is fantastic. Amy game not vs the top 6 he is a safe captain pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Waiting for City midweek game. Probably be Mane to Hazard and Barkley to Sane. For a -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Eirksen is now on my radar if hazard fails at fulham.
    Won't do any transfers this week .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I've done Salah and Maddison for Sterling and Mane.

Did it last night to avoid a 0.2 swing.

Going from Mendy, Salah and Maddison to Digne, Sterling and Mane seems like a positive move. Could massively backfire but I didn't have any cash tied up in Salah.

Palaces decent run now means AWB can step back out from being bench fodder to being an active part of my squad to cover rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd only get Sterling in on WC or an easy -4.

Jumping off Aguero to fund him might work, but you could easily be caught with your pants down by an Aguero hat trick.

I'm holding. Salah isn't doing enough wrong to get rid yet. If Hazard continues to flatter to deceive in the Fulham game, then that's the only route I think I can go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im going to bank my transfer. Next week against bournemouth is the easiest city game of the next 4 lyon a bournemouth h watford a chelsea a. They need to beat lyon in CL for topping the group so will be close to full strength. The watford game is 4 days before the chelsea game so I also think it will be close to their strongest team. Sterling is in their strongest team so Im thinking he plays lyon, watford and chelsea. Bournemouth is the dodgy one IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Sitting on

Fab
    Alonso lovren vinagre
    Salah hazard sterling Ricky
    Arnie Jimenez zaha
    Hamer albrighton wan b long

2.5 in the bank had planned on albrighton out but I'm pretty happy with my line up for next week so it may be a waste of a transfer. Long needs to be fixed too but again wan b is next in line to come in so it's not that urgent.

Any moves stick out to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Any thoughts on this team? .3 in the bank... Maddison and Rudiger in line for the chop

Ederson, Hamer
    Tripp, Laporte, Bennett, Duffy, rudiger
    Maddison, Capoue, salah, Hazard, neves
    Aguero Mitro Wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Done Hazard to Sterling last night for a straight swap

Unreal the amount of price rises and falls on a Saturday and Sunday.

It’s so ****ing frustrating.

Sterling has already gone up and Sane might go up tonight.

So if I sit back and wait for midweek games and think through my moves it could cost 0.4 easily.

I loathe to do early transfers and it’s killing my TV and when I do an early transfer I mess it up as I’m usually hungover.

Undecided who to sell to fund Sterling and Sane but Salah would be the easiest choice though I feel like I might be one of those unlucky Hazard owners. He’s never really done it when he’s been in my team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Salahs returns have been remarkably consistent and he could have had alot more.

The only reason to ditch him is choice and personally as a Liverpool fan I'll enjoy his goals anyway!!

I'd be ditching Aguero and Hazard post this week before him and I was all set to ditch him at 1545 yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Any thoughts on this team? .3 in the bank... Maddison and Rudiger in line for the chop

Ederson, Hamer
    Tripp, Laporte, Bennett, Duffy, rudiger
    Maddison, Capoue, salah, Hazard, neves
    Aguero Mitro Wilson

Maddison is due to drop so it might be worth shipping him out sooner rather than later. Also sold on Neves myself weeks back due to the fact he is a defensive midfielder so is not likely to score very highly over the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭franglan

Any alternative to Barkley chaps? Don’t think he’s worth it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Do people reckon Holding is nailed on? Started the last few in a row and only 4.4. I know Arsenal haven't kept many clean sheets but you'd still have to think over the season they'll keep their fair share and 4.4 is cheap for a regular starter in a top 5 team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Unreal the amount of price rises and falls on a Saturday and Sunday.

It’s so ****ing frustrating.

Sterling has already gone up and Sane might go up tonight.

So if I sit back and wait for midweek games and think through my moves it could cost 0.4 easily.

I loathe to do early transfers and it’s killing my TV and when I do an early transfer I mess it up as I’m usually hungover.

Undecided who to sell to fund Sterling and Sane but Salah would be the easiest choice though I feel like I might be one of those unlucky Hazard owners. He’s never really done it when he’s been in my team.

In the same boat, I have Martial, Mane, Salah and Aguero and I am not getting rid of Salah or Aguero. I don't have Hazard but part of me thinks I would put him in over the 2 City players simply because he is due a big score - I stand to be corrected but I've always felt he is that type of player, a 15+ score followed by a few 2's and 3's.

claw wrote: »
    In the same boat, I have Martial, Mane, Salah and Aguero and I am not getting rid of Salah or Aguero. I don't have Hazard but part of me thinks I would put him in over the 2 City players simply because he is due a big score - I stand to be corrected but I've always felt he is that type of player, a 15+ score followed by a few 2's and 3's.

I sold Maddison for Sane earlier so that’s 0.2m saved even though I didn’t really want to sell Maddison.

After the Fulham game I’ll get rid of Hazard for Sterling. Although Hazard will drop and Sterling will rise before the weekend so that’ll cost me 0.2 but I might be willing to bake that loss and wait.

Then the following week I’ll sell Salah for Kane or Mane for Lacazette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I brought in Sane for Bilva late last night as I only had exact money. Praying for Sterling and Mahrez to start tomorrow night with Sane starting instead of Sterling at the weekend. I might get rid of Hazard or Sane for Alli then for GW15. Hoping Arnie can be patched together for another couple of weeks, I'll probably replace him with Mitro for GW17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

franglan wrote: »
    Any alternative to Barkley chaps? Don’t think he’s worth it anymore.

Brooks at Bournemouth. Cheaper and regularly picking up assists.

Do people reckon Holding is nailed on? Started the last few in a row and only 4.4. I know Arsenal haven't kept many clean sheets but you'd still have to think over the season they'll keep their fair share and 4.4 is cheap for a regular starter in a top 5 team.

yes, he is. if his name wasn't Rob Holding, we wouldn't even be questioning it. he's started the last 7, many of those with Sokratis fit.

he'd be in my team if Arsenal could be in any way trusted to keep a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

No Gabriel Jesus in the Man City squad for the Lyon game. That means either Aguero or Sterling will start up front.

I'd lay good money that whichever one it is gets rested v Bournemouth :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »
    No Gabriel Jesus in the Man City squad for the Lyon game. That means either Aguero or Sterling will start up front.

here we go..........

Aguero will be rested at the weekend or for next week's midweek game. i can't imagine that he'll start 4 big games in 11 days.

things just got fúcking tricky.

Benimar wrote: »

Aguero has had 244 minutes of match time so far in the month of November, he does not need to be rested. For comparison, Sterling has played almost 200 minutes more in that time. Aguero was certain to start up front against Lyon regardless of Jesus's available (they want to win), he is also most likely to start up front against Bournemouth and even more so if Jesus is injured. If Aguero is to be rested, it would be for the Watford game most likely.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Aguero has had 244 minutes of match time so far in the month of November, he does not need to be rested. For comparison, Sterling has played almost 200 minutes more in that time. Aguero was certain to start up front against Lyon regardless of Jesus's available (they want to win), he is also most likely to start up front against Bournemouth and even more so if Jesus is injured. If Aguero is to be rested, it would be for the Watford game most likely.
    We're you getting Jesus injured ?Sterling and Aguero be must haves then.

Aguero must be the most rested player in the league,with the likes of Salah and Kane playing every minute

If he's not in the squad for tomorrow, I assume it is through injury. Whatever the reason for him not being in the squad, it doesn't change what I said.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    If he's not in the squad for tomorrow, I assume it is through injury. Whatever the reason for him not being in the squad, it doesn't change what I said.

Sure I agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Minor groin problem for Jesus according to Dinnery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Have 2 FT

Trying to talk myself into or out of: Hazard & Ederson to Sterling & Hennessy

Would have to do both to free up city place for Sterling, but afraid of what Haz might do to Fulham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Im struggling to decide between sterling and sane, i might just get both. City are on fire at the moment, its ludicrous that the majority of teams still don't have a city mid.

Very tempted to do hazard and salah out sterling and sane in. Its risky with salah and hazard both at home next gw though, i could get punished quite heavily in the short term but id expect sterling and sane to outscore them over the next 8 gws.

Advertisement