Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

If Fabianski drops to 4.4m, I could do Fab and Kane in for Begovic and Aguero for a -4. But might just bank either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

sheroman01 wrote: »
    If Fabianski drops to 4.4m, I could do Fab and Kane in for Begovic and Aguero for a -4. But might just bank either.

Why kane over aguero this week? Especially for a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Thoughts on this wc team please

ederson hamer
    Doherty taa Alonso AWB Digne
    Dilva Sterling mane richarlison brooks
    Kane Jimenez Arnie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

martin101 wrote: »

ederson hamer
    Kane Jimenez Arnie

That's a really good team, can't fault it. Maybe Hamer to Button who should play when Ryan is away in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

MR NINE wrote: »
    Im struggling to decide between sterling and sane, i might just get both. City are on fire at the moment, its ludicrous that the majority of teams still don't have a city mid.

Very tempted to do hazard and salah out sterling and sane in. Its risky with salah and hazard both at home next gw though, i could get punished quite heavily in the short term but id expect sterling and sane to outscore them over the next 8 gws.

I’ve brought in Sterling & Sane for Salah & Martial

Aguero & Hazard coming out soon for Spurs & Liverpool coverage. Alonso might way also to fund Salah, Kane

• Advertisement

ederson hamer
    Kane Jimenez Arnie

Great team. Would change Hamer for Button.

Can you look at downgrading Alonso & doing Mane to Salah?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Thanks, I don't even know about Button, great shout. Yeah not having salah worries me. Might do that to get him in. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Thanks, I don't even know about Button, great shout. Yeah not having salah worries me. Might do that to get him in. Cheers

Why is Button a great shout are they not the same price and both don't play?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Why is Button a great shout are they not the same price and both don't play?

Ryan will be away for Asian Cup.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Ryan will be away for Asian Cup.

Snap,Nice catch might jump on that.

• Advertisement

Think people dropping Hazard are bandwagon jumping ,when he was only back from injury and playing palace he got an assisit in 26 mins ,he should have done alot better vs Everton and was unlucky not to score /assist .I didn't see the Spurs game but still only one game.
    I am not transfering him out for Sterling who will play tonight and prob get 90 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Might bank I think despite all my yellow and amber flags.

Any moves that I can see seem to short term panic transfers.

Re: Hazard....himself and Morata ruined my season last year, kept them for yonks waiting for the elusive mega scores that never came. Very keen to avoid this happening again but will keep him for Fulham and then reassess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Think people dropping Hazard are bandwagon jumping ,when he was only back from injury and playing palace he got an assisit in 26 mins ,he should have done alot better vs Everton and was unlucky not to score /assist .I didn't see the Spurs game but still only one game.
    I am not transfering him out for Sterling who will play tonight and prob get 90 mins.

Just saw the highlights on Match of the Day and it looked like Hazard was clearly pushed over from behind in the penalty box near the start of the Spurs game. He probably would have taken the penalty himself so even just coming back from injury he has looked very close to getting attacking returns in the last few games. Not sure I will captain him against Fulham but it would be great to see him get a good score and punish those selling him so quick.

Went for Mane to Sterling myself as I had almost exact money to make the move and reckon Sterling will bring in more points over the next few weeks. I think him getting subbed off before the end of the game last week might indicate Pep is trying to keep him fresh for a consistent run of games and I would reckon he should be one of the first names on the team sheet every game with the attacking returns he is getting currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Have Morata myself. Got him couple weeks back when it looked like he'd found his mojo and a good price too. Hopefully not gonzo again.

Just watching to make sure he doesn't start the Europa League game. Would be an alarm bell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dsmythy wrote: »
    Have Morata myself. Got him couple weeks back when it looked like he'd found his mojo and a good price too. Hopefully not gonzo again.

Just watching to make sure he doesn't start the Europa League game. Would be an alarm bell.

I got him in an captained him for his haul, but since then he hasn't done anything - he's also been caught offside more than any other player in the league this season - 18 so far. He was also hauled off on 58 min the last day. So lost patience with him and sold him Barkley to fund Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Depending on how the week goes I can just do albrighton to bilva.. would mean benching Ricky or Jimenez this week though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Did Maddison to Sané early. Need to bounce back after a few disappointing weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Mendy to Trippier if Trip drops tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Im struggling to decide between sterling and sane, i might just get both. City are on fire at the moment, its ludicrous that the majority of teams still don't have a city mid.

Very tempted to do hazard and salah out sterling and sane in. Its risky with salah and hazard both at home next gw though, i could get punished quite heavily in the short term but id expect sterling and sane to outscore them over the next 8 gws.

Am now looking at richarlison and Robertson out for schindler and sane. Given peps recent comments and sane getting subbed on 70, im reasonably confident he'll start this weekend. I expect Robertson to miss a game or two over Christmas, and schindler looks like good value, Huddersfield have been reasonably solid of late. He should be rotation proof too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Am now looking at richarlison and Robertson out for schindler and sane. Given peps recent comments and sane getting subbed on 70, im reasonably confident he'll start this weekend. I expect Robertson to miss a game or two over Christmas, and schindler looks like good value, Huddersfield have been reasonably solid of late. He should be rotation proof too.

I see no reason to sell those 2 players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Who is the likely replacement for Mendy, Danilo or Zinchenko?

I might just swap for Laporte, same value so a swap back is easier.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Who is the likely replacement for Mendy, Danilo or Zinchenko?

I might just swap for Laporte, same value so a swap back is easier.

Delph I'd of thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Delph I'd of thought.

Boo to that.

Laporte it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

I don't know what I'm doing. Opinions grateful.

Current team
    Ederson
    Robertson Doherty Alonso Laporte
    Milner Salah Barkley
    Jiminez Wilson Aguero

Etheridge Pereyra Fraser Steve Cook

£1.5 ITB
    FT = 1
    WC available

Aguero Triple captain this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Is TAA still considered a rotation risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

carnie wrote: »
    Is TAA still considered a rotation risk?

He still is. He may well have been on the bench last saturday but for gomez minor injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

km79 wrote: »
    I see no reason to sell those 2 players

That's a simple but solid argument, i appreciate the feedback.

I'd love to keep Robertson as he's been a great performer this season. Looking at his next 8 fixtures, Burnley and Newcastle are the only ones id classify as easy, possibly wolves too. Id expect him to miss at least one of those as they're prime candidates for rotation. Moreno wont start vs Everton, United, City or arsenal and i dont think Robertson will start all 8 league games as well as the two cl games. I think selling Robertson to free up 2 mill is worth doing.

On richarlison, i haven't done the research myself but ive heard in various places that his underlying stats don't back up his points to date. He has Liverpool City and spurs in his next 5, i would expect sane to comfortably outscore him.

I appreciate the feedback though, and it seems a few people agree with you so i might have to reassess. I really want a city mid but im not sure i want to sell salah and id like to keep hazard for Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

On richarlison, i haven't done the research myself but ive heard in various places that his underlying stats don't back up his points to date. He has Liverpool City and spurs in his next 5, i would expect sane to comfortably outscore him.

I appreciate the feedback though, and it seems a few people agree with you so i might have to reassess. I really want a city mid but im not sure i want to sell salah and id like to keep hazard for Fulham.

Richarlison is still a good pick but Sane is a different class in my opinion so I think it's a good move if you have the funds spare. Most people will probably disagree like you said but I think you should play your own game and do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Páid wrote: »
    I don't know what I'm doing. Opinions grateful.

Current team
    Ederson
    Robertson Doherty Alonso Laporte
    Milner Salah Barkley
    Jiminez Wilson Aguero

Etheridge Pereyra Fraser Steve Cook

£1.5 ITB
    FT = 1
    WC available

Aguero Triple captain this week?

Dump one of Milner or Barkley is what I'd do. I wouldnt be triple captaining anyone with fixtures piling up especially Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

dsmythy wrote: »
    Dump one of Milner or Barkley is what I'd do. I wouldnt be triple captaining anyone with fixtures piling up especially Aguero.

Sat 1st December MCI vs BOU
    Tue 4th December WAT vs MCI

Is this not the week to triple captain Aguero as there are two games?

Advertisement