Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

MR NINE wrote: »
    That's a simple but solid argument, i appreciate the feedback.

I'd love to keep Robertson as he's been a great performer this season. Looking at his next 8 fixtures, Burnley and Newcastle are the only ones id classify as easy, possibly wolves too. Id expect him to miss at least one of those as they're prime candidates for rotation. Moreno wont start vs Everton, United, City or arsenal and i dont think Robertson will start all 8 league games as well as the two cl games. I think selling Robertson to free up 2 mill is worth doing.

On richarlison, i haven't done the research myself but ive heard in various places that his underlying stats don't back up his points to date. He has Liverpool City and spurs in his next 5, i would expect sane to comfortably outscore him.

I appreciate the feedback though, and it seems a few people agree with you so i might have to reassess. I really want a city mid but im not sure i want to sell salah and id like to keep hazard for Fulham.

We have no idea who will start for City this week. Hazard is a great pick at home to Fulham. I'd advise holding fire this week, and re-assess after the weekend games.

On Robertson, if he misses a game it will be Burnley or Bournemouth. The rest of the games are well spaced out. I'd keep him and have a decent playing sub to cover those two GWs.

Páid wrote: »
    Sat 1st December MCI vs BOU
    Tue 4th December WAT vs MCI

Is this not the week to triple captain Aguero as there are two games?

They are two separate GWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MR NINE wrote: »
    That's a simple but solid argument, i appreciate the feedback.

I'd love to keep Robertson as he's been a great performer this season. Looking at his next 8 fixtures, Burnley and Newcastle are the only ones id classify as easy, possibly wolves too. Id expect him to miss at least one of those as they're prime candidates for rotation. Moreno wont start vs Everton, United, City or arsenal and i dont think Robertson will start all 8 league games as well as the two cl games. I think selling Robertson to free up 2 mill is worth doing.

On richarlison, i haven't done the research myself but ive heard in various places that his underlying stats don't back up his points to date. He has Liverpool City and spurs in his next 5, i would expect sane to comfortably outscore him.

I appreciate the feedback though, and it seems a few people agree with you so i might have to reassess. I really want a city mid but im not sure i want to sell salah and id like to keep hazard for Fulham.

Id fully expect robertson to be rested v burnley. I plan on selling gw 15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Was initially thinking Success to Jiminez but taking into account form & fixtures, now leaning towards Rondon as a short term punt. Newcastle might have turned the corner.
    He also alternates well with Wilson in a 442 formation for the next 4 GWs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Think ill do robertson and martial to AWB and sane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Heavily considering shipping out all 3 of my Liverpool attackers this week for a minus 8. Salah to Hazard, Mane to Sane and Firmino to Kane, but I can’t help but wonder if Firmino to Aguero for one week and then Aguero to Kane next week might pay off for the one week this week from Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

CSF wrote: »
    Heavily considering shipping out all 3 of my Liverpool attackers this week for a minus 8. Salah to Hazard, Mane to Sane and Firmino to Kane, but I can’t help but wonder if Firmino to Aguero for one week and then Aguero to Kane next week might pay off for the one week this week from Aguero.

Not sure you should do that for a hit. We still don't really know the extent of Hazards injury, he could start on the bench at the weekend if it's bad. Sane might not even play this gameweek either so you could be taking a -8 to get in 2 players who might have limited returns compared with the players you are shipping out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not sure you should do that for a hit. We still don't really know the extent of Hazards injury, he could start on the bench at the weekend if it's bad. Sane might not even play this gameweek either so you could be taking a -8 to get in 2 players who might have limited returns compared with the players you are shipping out.

I certainly won’t make any moves until team news is in on Hazard. I’d consider Sane to be a lock until Mendy returns. When Mendy doesn’t provide the width on the left they always play Sane.

Liverpool on the other hand I am now terrified about. Fixtures turn for the worse very soon and that result last night means I think it’s very likely that they’re prioritising that Napoli game over the ones around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Having read Sarri's comments last night I am now more confused than ever and I am now inclined to just do Knocaert to sane . That way if he doesnt play at least I am not down 4 points.
    However if he doesnt play I will also have kept Trippier so my bench will consist of just Fraser.......it now really depends on Trippier news. If he is out for another week(3 gameweeks) he has to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Will just do Mane to Sane if Laca is passed fit.

If Laca is ruled out, I have no idea

• Advertisement

I'm going to keep Hazard and roll the transfer.

Might look at Hazard and Aguero to Sterling and Kane for midweek, depending on how the weekend goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Benimar wrote: »

Might look at Hazard and Aguero to Sterling and Kane for midweek, depending on how the weekend goes.

They are my thoughts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

My plan exactly.

All aboard the Kane train ahead of "easy" December fixtures. I am sure we have been here before......

km79 wrote: »
    All aboard the Kane train ahead of "easy" December fixtures. I am sure we have been here before......

Yep.

December 23 2017 - Harry Kane scores 3 v Burnley
    December 26 2017 - Harry Kane scores 3 v Southampton

Best present I got last Christmas :D

Yep.

December 23 2017 - Harry Kane scores 3 v Burnley
    December 26 2017 - Harry Kane scores 3 v Southampton

Best present I got last Christmas :D

I was referring to the early ones.....I have "great "memories over the past 2 years .....
    Still doesn't look fit to me either. I will be late to the party rather than early to the funeral anymore with him. Unless aguero gets injured

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Need a bit of help after a horror show last week. Currently have no City players (don't ask)

Current team lines up as:

Hennessy

Alonso, Robertson, Bennett

Hazard, Ricky, Neves, Salah, Ozil

Arnie, Wilson

Subs: Hart, Digne, Daniels, Sucsess

Currently thinking Aguero and Schurrle in for Ozil/Wilson with Kane replacing Aguero from next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Did Hazard and Mendy to Sterling and Keane, leaves me money to do Aguero to Kane next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Might bank I think despite all my yellow and amber flags.

Any moves that I can see seem to short term panic transfers.

Re: Hazard....himself and Morata ruined my season last year, kept them for yonks waiting for the elusive mega scores that never came. Very keen to avoid this happening again but will keep him for Fulham and then reassess.

Not liking the soundbites I'm hearing about Hazard.

Thinking of getting rid now asap - looking at either Hazard to Sane, or Hazard to Dilva and Milner to Son for a hit :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

thinking Gudmonsson and Arnie to Sane and Rondon this week for -4. Will hold off for news on Hazard as might just do him to Sterling if he's confirmed as out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Thinking of getting rid now asap - looking at either Hazard to Sane, or Hazard to Dilva and Milner to Son for a hit :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Is it one soundbite though or is it multiple?

There's part of me thinking that this could be an Italian gladiator meet with the old Chelsea manager looking to put his best foot forward against a compatriot - Hazard might not be 100% but his replacements are not worth 75% of him and they really need a win after last week. I think Sarri said he needs match fitness. so he needs matches and the easier and more confidence building the better. He's not going to get kicked around by Fulham with a full 11 of internationals whose major fault in the Premier League is their failing to get stuck in

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/chelsea-press-conference-sarri-kante-15477811

This quote is the relevant one from the above article:
    “I am worried because 25 days ago he had an injury, a back injury. Now the ankle. So I think that he has lost a lot of training. So it's normal he wouldn't be top of his physical condition. One week of training and a couple of matches and he'll be back at the best level of physical condition."

Hazard won't get back to his 'best level of physical condition' by sitting on his hole! Sarri will want him up to speed for the City game, so will need to be playing him in the games prior to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Hazard might not be 100% but his replacements are not worth 75% of him and they really need a win after last week.
    His replacements in Fantasy Football terms are worth 100% of him though

Having read Sarri's comments last night I am now more confused than ever and I am now inclined to just do Knocaert to sane . That way if he doesnt play at least I am not down 4 points.
    However if he doesnt play I will also have kept Trippier so my bench will consist of just Fraser.......it now really depends on Trippier news. If he is out for another week(3 gameweeks) he has to go

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1068108773267517440

May as well get Schindler ta Hell now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/chelsea-press-conference-sarri-kante-15477811

This quote is the relevant one from the above article:
    “I am worried because 25 days ago he had an injury, a back injury. Now the ankle. So I think that he has lost a lot of training. So it's normal he wouldn't be top of his physical condition. One week of training and a couple of matches and he'll be back at the best level of physical condition."

Hazard won't get back to his 'best level of physical condition' by sitting on his hole! Sarri will want him up to speed for the City game, so will need to be playing him in the games prior to that.

I'm keeping haz and I will captain him. He is due a monster score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Scratching my head here. Who to get rid off for Sané.
    Martial or Richarlison?
    Have also Mané and Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thoughts on this wildcard team:

Patricio
    Schindler, TAA, David Luiz, AWB
    Sterling, Hazard, Mane
    Arnie, Aguero, Jimenez

Subs: Button, Fraser, Digne, Camarasa
    1.1 mil banked to swap Aguero to Kane from midweek.

Scratching my head here. Who to get rid off for Sané.
    Martial or Richarlison?
    Have also Mané and Hazard.
    Thats an easy decision
    Martial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Thats an easy decision
    Martial

Does it matter that United are playing Southampton?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Im now considering a - 8;

In: sané, sterling, schindler

Out: richarlison, hazard, Robertson

Is that crazy?

-4 the following week to bring in kane and Button for aguero and hart would leave me with:

Fabianski, Button
    Alonso, Doherty, digne, schindler, wan b
    Salah, sterling, sané, kenedy, obiang
    Kane, arnie, Murray

A team i would be very happy with for the next 8 gws, possibly replacing Murray with mitrovic in a couple weeks.

Advertisement