Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LA to Ensenada

• 24-11-2018 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi
    I’m flying to LA in December (Irish passport no Visa) & was hoping to drive to Ensenada for 4 days. I don’t think there will be a problem going LA to Ensenada, but was wondering if anyone can advise on the return trip on going through the Tijuana border.
    I ve heard that it can take a few hours, but does anyone know if that will be more, especially as I m only on holiday visa, and with the amount of South Americans currently looking to get through.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

guaps wrote: »
    Hi
    I’m flying to LA in December (Irish passport no Visa) & was hoping to drive to Ensenada for 4 days. I don’t think there will be a problem going LA to Ensenada, but was wondering if anyone can advise on the return trip on going through the Tijuana border.
    I ve heard that it can take a few hours, but does anyone know if that will be more, especially as I m only on holiday visa, and with the amount of South Americans currently looking to get through.
    Thanks

I don't have any experience of crossing the Mexican border but CBP list the current border wait times here

https://apps.cbp.gov/bwt/mobile.asp?action=n&pn=2504

I think San Ysidro and Otay Mesa are the 2 crossings from Tijuana. In my experience (of crossing the Canada-US border) these estimates tend to be quite conservative, so I would say add on about 50% to the time.

Once you get to the primary inspection point, it should be quick as you will have a valid I-94 so you won't need to go to secondary.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 guaps

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

If things get worse at that border crossing it's possible it could be closed. I would say have a plan b in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

HDMI wrote: »
    If things get worse at that border crossing it's possible it could be closed. I would say have a plan b in place.

Yep looks like they have closed San Ysidro today. Otay Mesa is still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 guaps

Thanks for the responses, would agree that its not looking good at the moment, will have to wait and see nearer the date - cant see this being sorted in the near future!

• Advertisement
Advertisement