Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arnotts Santa

Options
  • 24-11-2018 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just wondering what the wait time would Be on a Saturday to see santa. Someone told me it would be 4 hours in which case I would nip into town early in the morn and join the virtual q and then go home for a couple of hours as the kids would never last 4 hours in town

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mike8765

We went in last Saturday. We got our ticket at around 10.45 (we were #87 in the queue). Got in to see Santa just after 1pm. Some of the staff were saying that it was running very smoothly but expected it to get much slower closer to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

mike8765 wrote: »
    We went in last Saturday. We got our ticket at around 10.45 (we were #87 in the queue). Got in to see Santa just after 1pm. Some of the staff were saying that it was running very smoothly but expected it to get much slower closer to Christmas.

how long did you have to wait to get a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mike8765

woodseb wrote: »
    how long did you have to wait to get a ticket?

No queue at all for the ticket machine in the kidswear department

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

Went in this morning at 9.45am and 6 hour wait.
    About 150 tickets gone out of 200 for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

padski08 wrote: »
    Went in this morning at 9.45am and 6 hour wait.
    About 150 tickets gone out of 200 for the day

:eek:

Sorry son, I think you need to know the truth...... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Do people actually make children stand an wait 6 hours?

splinter65 wrote: »
    Do people actually make children stand an wait 6 hours?

Went in by myself, got ticket and went back in the afternoon
    Knew this would be the case and suited fine

Went in by myself, got ticket and went back in the afternoon
    Knew this would be the case and suited fine

Ok so you get a ticket with a time on it? Sorry I'm just trying to do the logistics

splinter65 wrote: »
    Ok so you get a ticket with a time on it? Sorry I'm just trying to do the logistics

You get a ticket with a number, and estimated time. My time was estimated 4pm, so suited perfect. Home by 10am and could plan our day in town around this

10 minute Q when we got back in at 4pm
    Not many places you get that in City Centre on a Saturday in December, so worth the double trip in my case

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Tomw86

So its limited to 200 tickets a day?

Any idea what it would be like on a Sunday?

• Advertisement

You get a ticket with a number, and estimated time. My time was estimated 4pm, so suited perfect. Home by 10am and could plan our day in town around this

10 minute Q when we got back in at 4pm
    Not many places you get that in City Centre on a Saturday in December, so worth the double trip in my case

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

How much do they charge to see him these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Muahahaha wrote: »
    How much do they charge to see him these days

Its free, you can pay for photos afterwards if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭benny79

Bit of a stupid Question I know its free but is it any good? I always seen santa in arnotts as a kid loved it and you use to get a great present and then come out into Legoland! great memories.

Live in Kildare now have gone to the Clanard court (Athy) which can be hit and miss but its the 10 year anniversary this year. Rathwood train last Year which was great and since this might be his last year I was thinking of maybe Arnotts maybe next Monday or Friday..

But town at Christmas can be mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a "suggested donation" to charity (SVP I think) rather than it being absolutely free; although I presume you don't actually have to make said donation.

Advertisement