If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround sound

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

blink44 wrote: »
    Hi all, been debating for awhile about upgrading from my old soundbar. I have a few sonos play 1’s around so my natural instinct I taught I’d eventually get a playbar or beam and sub but comparing prices I realise I could probably get something a lot better and cheaper than going the sonos route.

How would you compare the like of a sonos 5.1 system versus pairing either of these with a reasonably priced av receiver?

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201497-onkyo-sksht588-black-atmos-5-1-2-speaker-package.aspx

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13515-q-acoustics-3010-x2-3090c-and-3070s-subwoofer-graphite-5-1-av-speaker-package.aspx

Not sure I’m ready to pull the trigger yet but curious where my money would be best invested between sonos or either of these 5.1’s with a receiver.
    Hi blink44,

The separates route would give you a better sound than the Sonos option.

I would look at the Q Acoustics set as it would give a much better sound than the Onkyos due to the better sub and better cabinet/driver design. You can always add Atmos speakers down the line.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Thanks for the quick response (certainly wasn’t expecting one on a Sunday). Il give it some taught, sometimes I think I’m eyeing up speakers that might be overkill, I have a relatively small entertainment room in a semi detached so there is part of me that wonders if it would be way over the top to go with an av receiver and speakers instead of a simple soundbar. My brother is planning on buying a Sonos Beam and using a 5.0 system for now. I might wait and listen to his and see how it sounds. Thanks for the input, great service as always

Thanks for the quick response (certainly wasn’t expecting one on a Sunday). Il give it some taught, sometimes I think I’m eyeing up speakers that might be overkill, I have a relatively small entertainment room in a semi detached so there is part of me that wonders if it would be way over the top to go with an av receiver and speakers instead of a simple soundbar. My brother is planning on buying a Sonos Beam and using a 5.0 system for now. I might wait and listen to his and see how it sounds. Thanks for the input, great service as always
    No problem, keep me posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blink44

Back to the drawing board, I was almost about to pull the trigger on the beam, keeping things simple and having a 5.0 system with my play 1’s without worrying about cables but I just kopped it won’t work with my current system. My current soundbar has an optical cable connecting the tv and a hdmi connecting my projector, then I just have to switch out the hdmi cable in the back of the sky box or Apple TV it I want to use the projector. But the beam only has one output so that makes it way too complicated to switch between tv and projector.

Is there much of a price difference buying the q acoustics separately instead of the package as I think the rear speakers may be too big for my living space

Back to the drawing board, I was almost about to pull the trigger on the beam, keeping things simple and having a 5.0 system with my play 1’s without worrying about cables but I just kopped it won’t work with my current system. My current soundbar has an optical cable connecting the tv and a hdmi connecting my projector, then I just have to switch out the hdmi cable in the back of the sky box or Apple TV it I want to use the projector. But the beam only has one output so that makes it way too complicated to switch between tv and projector.

Is there much of a price difference buying the q acoustics separately instead of the package as I think the rear speakers may be too big for my living space
    Hey Blink44.

Do you need the soundbar to have two HDMI outputs as there is none that I know of on the market.

Difference in price without one of the pair of 3010 would be £405.00 (Stock is very very short on these products as they are getting ready to finish up).

Let me know your thoughts.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.