Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth Speaker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

The website says it's sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

CyberGhost wrote: »
    The website says it's sold out.

I know it does.

So, I phoned Bose Dundrum and they said they still had them.

When I went there (an hour ago) they had about 30 - mostly black, only a few silver/grey.

They closed at 20:00, so will still be plenty in the morning.

D.

I picked one up from Currys for 150 a day ago.

Might go down and pick a silver one up tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

What is the condition like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Great price... Maybe worth the pain of a trip to Dundrum to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

CyberGhost wrote: »
    I picked one up from Currys for 150 a day ago.

Might go down and pick a silver one up tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

What is the condition like?

You can only get them factory-reconditioned now. (The one you bought in Curry’s is almost certainly that, even though they look new.) But, they are, in effect, new. They come cellophane-sealed, as they would new, and with a full 12 month warranty.

Bose are even offering a two-month cooling off period until end of January. So, you can return it if you don’t like it.

Total bargain.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Dinarius wrote: »
    You can only get them factory-reconditioned now. (The one you bought in Curry’s is almost certainly that, even though they look new.) But, they are, in effect, new. They come cellophane-sealed, as they would new, and with a full 12 month warranty.

Bose are even offering a two-month cooling off period until end of January. So, you can return it if you don’t like it.

Total bargain.

D.

The website say €99, are they selling them in store for the same price?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

Anker are far better value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Frunchy wrote: »
    Anker are far better value.

Do you have a link?

Do you have a link?

Deals on Anker speakers seem to over for now unfortunately, but the Soundcore Motion B was down to £15 a few days ago. Anker make really good quality speakers for the money.

Worth keeping an eye on for Cyber Monday.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page/B418704F-4392-44CF-80B5-2B4A75EA522A?ingress=2&visitId=a697f334-09f3-4c77-b601-f1c1659f43bc&ref_=bl_dp_s_web_1651154031

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Frunchy wrote: »
    Deals on Anker speakers seem to over for now unfortunately, but the Soundcore Motion B was down to £15 a few days ago. Anker make really good quality speakers for the money.

Worth keeping an eye on for Cyber Monday.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/page/B418704F-4392-44CF-80B5-2B4A75EA522A?ingress=2&visitId=a697f334-09f3-4c77-b601-f1c1659f43bc&ref_=bl_dp_s_web_1651154031

Not a Bose hater. Have a pair of QuietComfort 35s I use daily and wouldn't swap them for anything.

But I compared my Anker A3143 I bought on sale from Amazon for £24 on black friday 2015 to one of the Soundlink Mini II's and there really wasn't much of a difference to justify paying extra for the Bose. They were almost €200 when my friend bought his which is more than 6 times the price of my Anker.

You can buy a refurb'd A3143 direct from Anker (via Amazon) for €38.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Wireless-Bluetooth-Certified-Refurbished-Black/dp/B07CTVP1VT?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_1651154031

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

The website say €99, are they selling them in store for the same price?

Are they still selling for €100 in the dundrym store

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Are they still selling for €100 in the dundrym store

Would love to know this also...

First of all. A big thank you to Dinarius, for taking the time and finding out about this deal and posting it here. I thought they were out from the website and surely the deal would not be available in the actual shop here.

Originally I bought one from Currys but never opened it, once Dinarius informed us, I went to Dundrum, bought the speakers and then returned the one I got from Currys.

Here's what the difference is in the box:

ER3jAeJ.jpg

Here's the stock they had left on Sunday:

Silver
    VCJaxcE.jpg

Black
    E2kkSIG.jpg

Not sure about the price, but looks like they want to get rid of the stock so I think it'd still be the same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

I agree regarding getting the anker instead. Wife has soundlink II she's not allowed turn it on when I'm in the house, it produces a nauseating, droning fake bass regardless of the source, it has no eq settings whatsoever, whatever algorithm they are using seems to largely negate eq settings on the device, I can dial down the bass 6db and it will still produce ear farts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I have the Anker, it's an amazing speaker, think I got it for £25 in an Amazon sale last year. The Bose is probably good bit no way it's worth more than 4 times the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Anyone else finding the volume level low when paired with Bluetooth on your phone? Re soundlink mini 2

Bose is only good for ripping people off. High prices for mediocre products. Audiophiles hate the brand for a reason. They don't even release basic specs like frequency response for their products.

Advertisement