Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow wifi Samsung J5 2017

Options
  • 24-11-2018 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering does anyone know how to fix this. Have 200mg fibre but on my phone I am not even getting 6megs and even less are times ?

Seen a few threads on this but is there any fix or is it cause the wifi chip on the phone doesn't have the ac band ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gman86

Hey just wondering does anyone know how to fix this. Have 200mg fibre but on my phone I am not even getting 6megs and even less are times ?

Seen a few threads on this but is there any fix or is it cause the wifi chip on the phone doesn't have the ac band ?

Could be a few things
    Is it a 5ghz network?

- Stock wifi routers don't tend to have the top specs
    - If there is a lot of wifi networks that could be causing problems especially if its older wifi 2ghz issues signal strength etc
    - might be DNS also as I noticed an immediate improvement when I changed wifi to Google DNS

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

It's 5ghz as it's virgin fibre, other wireless devices are fine. Housemate has a one plus 6 and it's getting the full wack of 200mg.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wifi - Advanced - Band - 5Ghz only.

VM by default on some CPE call both bands the same thing so you can't force one or the other. If prevent the phone using 2.4 you'll get the 5Ghz.

Advertisement