Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JFK Assassination Autopsy Details Revealed After 55 Years

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Jeez, take off the blinkers will ya....

IF its mentioned in most pieces written about JFK, i think its more than heresay !!!!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Can you look through the rest of the evidence mentioned?

Or does that piece you quote do enough for you ?

What is your opinion of what happened JFK then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Jack Ruby was in the Dallas Morning News offices at the time of the shooting. He was there all morning. Confirmed by 5 or 6 employees.

Theres a big thread on this.

And no, diana wasnt murdered

• Registered Users Posts: 18,044 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

According to you it was: LBJ, Cuban exiles, the FBI, the Mafia, Zapruder, Willis and Nazis who all conspired to kill JFK.

Right?

Also, what's the difference between you and another conspiracy theorist who just makes up another list of "suspects"? Are they wrong or how does it work?

Did i write this ?

And your attempt at sarcasm, while fairly pathetic, also shows you have nothing to say.

Theres no restriction on making a list of credible suspects, is there?

The mafia, Cubans and CIA have all been linked to his killing since it happened.

It was the President of the USA ffs, and all 3 had big reasons to hate him and his family, and the way he was steering the U.S.

Question - What do you think happened JFK? Who assassinated him?

• Advertisement

It's not sarcasm. That's literally what Cheerful believes (last I checked).

They can't demonstrate it nor provide any credible evidence. It's like a child making up a story on the spot, keeping things as vague as possible, changing it every time they are asked to detail it.

Do you believe Cheerful's account of the assassination of JFK, or do you believe a different sequence of events took place?

If you do have an alternative account, great, lay it out and let's apply basic scrutiny to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭Hoop66

It doesn't matter how many times it's mentioned. If the only actual evidence is "this guy told me" then it is hearsay. You want there to be a conspiracy so, as far as you're concerned, this is evidence. But it's not.

So in your opinion , the JFK assasination was a cut and dried LHO killing done on his own ?

Theres no other people involved?

I asked you for your opinion on what happened with JFK.

You chose to ignore it.....

I haven't seen any actual evidence to the contrary. Not that doesn't fall apart under scrutiny.

• Advertisement

So Oswald was an expert marksman?

The single bullet theory is sound ?

For me the strongest theory I've seen is the LHO acted alone.

Back to my question, do you believe Cheerful's account of the assassination of JFK, or do you believe a different sequence of events took place?

He was an expert marksman yes. He was actually one better, he was a sharpshooter at one stage in the marines.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

while sharpshooter sounds great it is really the second level out of three. he did the marksmanship test twice. the first time he achieved sharpshooter level, the second he only achieved marksman level, which is the lowest. However the shots he took were not particularly difficult. Kennedy was less than 100 meters from Oswald when Oswald shot him.

There is fairly sound evidence to show that, compared to the average American, Oswald was indeed an excellent shot. Shooting instructor gave evidence of this based on his shooting test scores. Link

The evidence shows that he fired 3 bullets, not 1. The 2nd bullet hit Kennedy & Connolly and the 3rd bullet hit Kennedy alone.

These are all well-established facts. I don't know if you think you are tricking me into saying something that will give you your gotcha moment but they remain, as I say, established facts.

Post edited by Hoop66 on

Indeed. Either way he was hitting a target from from 200, 300 and 500 yards firing slowly and from 200 and 300 yards firing rapidly.

For the rapid fire test the target was 26" wide by 19" tall. He hit 8/10 bullseyes and scored 48 out of 50.

He was a good shot.

That said, he missed 2 of the 4 shots he took with the Carcano. The first JFK shot and the shot he took at General Walker.

Anyway this is a Princess Di thread......

"The evidence shows that he fired 3 bullets, not 1"

Josiah Thompson book, "Last Second in Dallas", comes to a startling conclusion about Lee Harvey Oswald, who was arrested for shooting the president from the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Depository in Dallas. Thompson read to us, "Whatever Lee Harvey Oswald did or did not do on that Friday 50 years ago. He did not kill John Kennedy."

Before you dismiss Thompson as another conspiracy theorist, consider his background. He served on Underwater Demolition Team 21 -- the precursor to the Navy SEALs -- graduated from Yale with a Ph.D. in philosophy, taught college courses and had a long career as a private investigator. His most famous case was investigating Oklahoma City Bomber Timothy McVeigh.

"For his research in the 1960's, Thompson bought the same type of rifle Oswald used that day, a bolt-action Carcano made in Italy.

Thompson demonstrated, "I pull the trigger. Now, I work the bolt, work the bolt. Now notice, I got to acquire the target in the scope. So, I've got to acquire the target then I've got to center the cross hairs before firing."

There's no way anyone could fire two shots from that rifle within a second. Thompson told the I-Team, two gunmen equals conspiracy: "I mean there's no question any longer. Two guys did not just accidentally decide to shoot the president at the same time and place, right? If you have two different locations as firing points, you have necessarily some sort of conspiracy in the case."

Also , In December 1978, the House Select Committee on Assassinations, after two years of work, concluded that although Oswald was the assassin, there was a conspiracy involving a second gunman. The committee relied on the highly questionable acoustical analysis of a dictabelt recording from Dallas police headquarters. It contained sounds from a police motorcycle in Dealey Plaza whose radio transmitting switch was stuck in the on position. Two acoustics experts said there was a 95 percent certainty that the recording revealed that four shots had been fired at the presidential motorcade. As a result, the House Committee came to the bizarre conclusion that there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll, and that shooter fired at the President, but missed.

THE MAGIC BULLET -

A favorite topic was the so-called “magic bullet.” According to the Warren Commission, Oswald fired three shots in 8.6 seconds: the first shot missed, the second shot struck Kennedy in the back, exited through his throat, and then hit Texas Governor John Connally, breaking a rib, shattering his wrist, and ending up in his right thigh. Critics claimed the bullet, which remained largely intact, could not have been responsible for all the damage. And, if Connally and Kennedy were hit by different bullets in a matter of seconds, then it meant there had to be another shooter.

And you believe 1 bullet can do that, and remain intact ???

Please explain.

There's no way anyone could fire two shots from that rifle within a second. 

Oswald didnt fire 2 shots in a second so why is this relevant? Oswald fired 3 shots in around 6-8 seconds. the first shot is second zero so he has to work the bolt and reacquire the target in those 6-8 seconds. entirely doable.

Note the pivot that occurs in every thread here. I don't even need to explain it anymore.

• Advertisement

wow..

Legend.

In your wee mind, to debunk a conspiracy , you just use your copy&paste questions?

Even when theres been a 1000 books written on a subject, with all the theories, and reason, and suggested people involved.. Its just a simple "NO.. Oswald did it alone" ?

No doubt at all in your mind? Not even with all the links to Mafia, and most probable , imo , the CIA ?

You seem to not understand..

The 2 bullets in a second is in reference to the 2 bullets that struck Kennedy within a second.

That is not possible with 1 shooter using a Carcano bolt action rifle.

The opinion being that 2 shooters shot within 1-2 seconds from different locations.

But i suppose you discount that also ?

Can anyone on here explain how the magic bullet worked then ?

Anyone ??

(or is it only the Mob can ask questions on here?)

Historians and investigators work by meticulously piecing together supporting evidence, research, testimony and corroboration to construct a picture of what occurred.

Conspiracy theorists do the opposite, they deconstruct facts using a mix of incredulity ("I can't believe it"), logical fallacies, tricks and deceptive techniques in order to hint some conspiracy took place. A conspiracy they seem to have little or no interest in ever detailing properly or exploring.

This thread is going in the latter direction, like all threads here.

Which is why I am interested in discussing the actual conspiracy theory. So who do you think killed JFK? and let's scrutinise the supporting evidence for that.

Thompson was of the opinion the Oswald didnt assassinate JFK .

"Thompson's new book, "Last Second in Dallas", comes to a startling conclusion about Lee Harvey Oswald, who was arrested for shooting the president from the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Depository in Dallas. Thompson read to us, "Whatever Lee Harvey Oswald did or did not do on that Friday 50 years ago. He did not kill John Kennedy."

To be honest im not sure who shot jfk... Thats why i enjoy reading all the different theories.

I would say the CIA if i had to answer.... Based ion JFK civil rights bill, his feeling about Vietnam, and the Cubans, and his his inherent distrust of the CIA and their methods.

Does that include the 'evidence' that the first shot missed,

the second shot struck Kennedy in the back, exited through his throat, and then hit Texas Governor John Connally, breaking a rib, shattering his wrist, and ending up in his left thigh and remained largely intact.

And, if Connally and Kennedy were hit by different bullets in a matter of seconds, then it meant there had to be another shooter.

So it is either a "Magic Bullet" ? or Two shooters ?

WHich do you think then ?

there was not 1 second between the 2nd and 3rd shots. Shot 2 hit kennedy at frame 225 of the zapruder film. the third shot hit at frame 313 of the zapruder. also, he didn't have to work the bolt and reacquire twice. Oswald fired the first shot just before 225. He then worked the bold and reacquired just before 313. that is more than 1 second and plenty of time.

I'm just trying to find the strongest alternative theory. So far, I haven't come across one (I've grown in scepticism for them over the years also)

If you feel it was the CIA, can you provide some sort of basic timeline to what really occurred on that day? who pulled the trigger, from where, etc?

Ok , thats your opinion...

What about the Magic Bullet then ?

So you are happy with Oswald being the one and only shooter ?

Why did he do it so ?

• Advertisement

This is the pivot I mentioned earlier. Conspiracy theorists have a strong aversion to ever discussing the conspiracy theory. They will avoid it at all costs.

That is what I am trying to discuss. You feel the strongest alternative theory is that the CIA murdered Kennedy, okay, do you have an outline of how it was done? a timeline or whatever. Basically a good starting point.

Advertisement