Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dock is borked

Options
  • 25-11-2018 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭

So went to switch on my Switch to check the eShop sales, but met the TVs "no signal detected" even though the Switch screen went dark and the charging light turns on the dock.

Have tried the hacks listed to solve this (plugging everything out and putting cables back in certain order etc) to no avail. Think the dock is just...done!

Anyone have any experience with this and getting a replacement out of Nintendo? Seems their warranty only covers the console for a year (got it Nov 24th last year in BF sales) and 3 months for accessories so think I might be out of luck! Where should I be diverting any emails too to resolve this (probably a sending back with proof of purchase deal?)

And if no luck, whats best 3rd party dock for short term, dont fancy doling out €50+ for a new one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

From any reports I've heard I would stay well away from any 3rd party docks or it won't just be your dock that's borked. Your switch will become a paper weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Log the details and your issue here:

https://www.nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Star Lord wrote: »
    Log the details and your issue here:

https://www.nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/

Yeah I found that, went along and....doesn't recognise Irish postcodes (it generates your address from them so cant circumvent)!

Anyways, sent an email and they will take all details directly, hope I can get it sent and replaced/repaired before the 25th.....needs mah Smash and Overcooked 2 for the holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

From any reports I've heard I would stay well away from any 3rd party docks or it won't just be your dock that's borked. Your switch will become a paper weight.

Is this right? Was considering a second dock so we could have the Switch being used in another room occassionaly, but the legit one is too pricey to warrant it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

the corpo wrote: »
    Is this right? Was considering a second dock so we could have the Switch being used in another room occassionaly, but the legit one is too pricey to warrant it.

https://kotaku.com/switch-owners-say-third-party-docks-are-bricking-their-1824122777

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Ooh, yikes, thanks for that. Definitely avoiding. The legit ones are hard enough to find now, and annoyingly Smyths had them reduced to 59.99, but only one left in Claremorris, and I can't justify the petrol for the saving 8)

Advertisement