Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stepaside, Belarmine Luas shortcut?

Options
  • 25-11-2018 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I have read there is a shortcut you can take from Belarmine in Stepaside to get to one of the nearby Luas stops. Google Maps puts the walking journey time at 22 minutes, but it just uses the normal paths.

If you know about this please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Glencairn+Luas+Stop/53.2613456,-6.2193893/@53.2670454,-6.2217326,15z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x486709a5dd567ce7:0xfa781d1b285f3c7e!2m2!1d-6.2099248!2d53.2662679!1m0!3e2

Here you go - head up almost to the top of the main road of Aikens Village (just by where the new houses have been built) and take the path that cuts through Sandyford Hall. 15 min pleasant walk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

mollser wrote: »
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Glencairn+Luas+Stop/53.2613456,-6.2193893/@53.2670454,-6.2217326,15z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x486709a5dd567ce7:0xfa781d1b285f3c7e!2m2!1d-6.2099248!2d53.2662679!1m0!3e2

Here you go - head up almost to the top of the main road of Aikens Village (just by where the new houses have been built) and take the path that cuts through Sandyford Hall. 15 min pleasant walk

Brilliant thanks a million! 😊

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Rumour has it a new short cut is to be put in closer to the Educate Together that will take you straight into Sandyford hall from that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is this shortcut safe after dark and when alone?

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is this shortcut safe after dark and when alone?

Isnt there yet so can't comment.

• Advertisement

Isnt there yet so can't comment.

What about the current one?

What about the current one?

Um theres a walk through a dark ish area at night after Sandyford hall, never seen any problems personally though.

The house I was looking at is on Burrow road. The landlord says it’s only 10-12 minutes to Glencairn Luas but it’s basically in the countryside

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

The house I was looking at is on Burrow road. The landlord says it’s only 10-12 minutes to Glencairn Luas but it’s basically in the countryside
    It's more than 10-12 minutes, you'd need to walk it and see - I'd have said closer to 20-25 and a stretch realistically. If you're on Burrow road you could also go down Kilgobbin lane, then along Kilgobbin road which is usually busy with cars and people. I've never heard of problems with either routes.

There's also the 47 bus which goes from Belarmine, the 44 bus, and a 118 bus which leaves from Stepaside in the morning.

hmmm wrote: »
    It's more than 10-12 minutes, you'd need to walk it and see - I'd have said closer to 20. If you're on Burrow road you could also go down Kilgobbin lane, then along Kilgobbin road which is usually busy with cars and people. I've never heard of problems with either routes.

There's also the 47 bus which goes from Belarmine, the 44 bus, and a 118 bus which leaves from Stepaside in the morning.

The 47 is near but I don’t think it’s a very regular service. I’m not sure I’m going to take it. I’d be a bit nervous walking along that lane alone at nighttime, particularly in the winter when it’s dark by the time I’d get home from work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

The Burrow road doesn't have a footpath or street lights ( maybe 1 or 2), so not great for pedestrians. Having said that, it doesnt get much traffic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

coastwatch wrote: »
    The Burrow road doesn't have a footpath or street lights ( maybe 1 or 2), so not great for pedestrians. Having said that, it doesnt get much traffic anyway.
    I wouldn't personally want to walk along the Burrow road at any time of day or night. Just due to the risk of getting run over.

On Kilgobbin road, there's usually plenty of cars & people walking from from work/jogging/walking the dog until perhaps 9pm most evenings. It gets quieter after that. I've never heard of any trouble, but like you say not ideal if that makes you nervous.

The LUAS usually has a few people heading towards Belarmine from Glencairn, but again this tails off later into the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭tfeldi

Rumour has it a new short cut is to be put in closer to the Educate Together that will take you straight into Sandyford hall from that direction.

Do you have any details where the short cut will be and when it will be done? I walked around the area the other day and could see a few places where the short cut could be created but no obvious sign of any works.

Advertisement