If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV with built in Freesat

Options
  • 25-11-2018 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I currently have Freesat via Satellite with a set top box connected to the TV. 

For what we need it works fine. 

The set top box has given up the ghost and I'm looking to buy a TV with built in Freesat rather than buy another set top box. What should I look for when trying to find a TV with built in Freesat as opposed to something like Freeview play.

I'm guessing freeview play needs internet connection and many channels won't work here in ROI due to the non UK IP addresses. 

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Young Pretender

The set top box has given up the ghost and I'm looking to buy a TV with built in Freesat rather than buy another set top box. What should I look for when trying to find a TV with built in Freesat as opposed to something like Freeview play.

I'm guessing freeview play needs internet connection and many channels won't work here in ROI due to the non UK IP addresses. 

thanks
    Kenny just noticed in another post that you mentioned that the Panasonic TX49FX750B has built in Freesat. Would this fit the bill for a TV without set top box?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

thanks
    Kenny just noticed in another post that you mentioned that the Panasonic TX49FX750B has built in Freesat. Would this fit the bill for a TV without set top box?
    Hi Young Pretender,

This would be a great option for a TV with no set top box.

The Panasonic has a Freesat HD tuner as well as a Saorview tuner, it also has twin tuners meaning you can watch one channel while recording another.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Young Pretender

Hi Young Pretender,

The Panasonic has a Freesat HD tuner as well as a Saorview tuner, it also has twin tuners meaning you can watch one channel while recording another.

Kind regards

David

David just wondering if you have any recommendations for 49” or above TVs in current sale that have freesat tuners built in. Doesn’t necessarily require soarview.

Thanks

Hi Young Pretender,

Kind regards

David

David just wondering if you have any recommendations for 49” or above TVs in current sale that have freesat tuners built in. Doesn’t necessarily require soarview.

Thanks
    Hi Young Pretender.

The Panasonic mentioned would be a great television to go for.
    Currently priced at £849 or 979 euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203462-panasonic-tx49fx750b-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Any questions drop us a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭amsbam1

Hi Young Pretender.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203462-panasonic-tx49fx750b-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Hi David

Would you have a recommendation for a 32 Inch TV (Also with FreeSat and Saorview tuner)? I'm looking for something a bit cheaper than €979.

• Advertisement

amsbam1 wrote: »
    Hi Young Pretender.

Hi David

Would you have a recommendation for a 32 Inch TV (Also with FreeSat and Saorview tuner)? I'm looking for something a bit cheaper than €979.
    Hi ambasm1,

I don;t currently have any 32" TVs with a Freesat tuner. LG used to do one but unfortunately it's been discontinued! You would need to go for a 40 or 43 inch TV.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.