Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a Snagging Report for a New House

• 25-11-2018 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

Just curious if anyone here would have any recommendations for snagging of a new build around the Limerick City area?

We've just signed on the dotted line for a new build but we haven't anyone lined up for snagging yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

z0oT wrote: »
    Just curious if anyone here would have any recommendations for snagging of a new build around the Limerick City area?

We've just signed on the dotted line for a new build but we haven't anyone lined up for snagging yet.

Could you not do it yourself or ask a friend?

I done it for my sister and the amount we found from floor issues, to many places not painted properly or even plastered right.

Kitchen presses chipped and paint scufffs, handrail on stairs chunks taken out, drains blocked outside, flu for gas not fitted or sealed correctly etc. Doors and windows not right, vents damaged and so much more.

We shocked them with the amount that was wrong.... All her neighbours are in while they only just finished fixing hers and this is going near 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

I'll be looking for a snagger in a few months, also for a new build. I wouldn't dream of doing it myself. Sure, I've no doubt I'd see a lot of things which need to be snagged, but you absolutely need a professional for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

TPMP wrote: »
    I'll be looking for a snagger in a few months, also for a new build. I wouldn't dream of doing it myself. Sure, I've no doubt I'd see a lot of things which need to be snagged, but you absolutely need a professional for it.

Why what can a pro do so different....

They aren't going to do a structural test or anything close.

We found so much it's taken 6 weeks to sort and yet they are still slow releasing the keys now.

Advertisement