Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yeelight and Google Home

• 25-11-2018 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Anyone else's Yeelight no longer working on Google Home after recent change in T&C's (Yeelight)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

Anyone else's Yeelight no longer working on Google Home after recent change in T&C's (Yeelight)

You might have to unlink it and 're link it in the Google Home app. But mine works great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭baldshin

Mine have all stopped. In the middle of resetting everything, hopefully it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

They've been a little temperamental lately alright, stop responding after a while but ok after a reset.

Will try relinking later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭davegilly

Mine have stopped working as well and I've also noticed they don't seem to work with IFTTT either now? Very annoying as I have them hooked up to Smartthings with IFTTT.

Any ideas what the problem is and will it be resolved?

baldshin wrote: »
    Mine have all stopped. In the middle of resetting everything, hopefully it works.

No joy. They work using both the yeelight and Google home app but not voice control. Such a pain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Sounds strange.

I've two minis that control 5 Yeelights... All working perfectly on voice commands. Just tried them all to make sure there again. All running the latest update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

You could try the mi home app and pick one of the servers that have the yeelight on it and that app will link on the Google Home app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Yea IFTTT no longer controlling mine

I did but get them going again with Google Home.

I noticed a bulb firmware update pending when in the Yeelight app so applied it.

I've no idea if this is what resolved it but they did reconnect with Goggle Home afterwards (well after it bounced a couple more times)

Strange update from here, I just took delivery of a Google Home Hub and set it up- I can control my Yeelights using the hub, but still not my Google Home or Home Mini. Are they running off a different version of Google Assistant I wonder?

Edit- only the hub will control my TP Link Wifi plugs too, so definitely a general issue as opposed to a Yeelight only issue.

2nd Edit- figured it had something to do with the firmware on the speakers, so did a hard reset on each device and now everything works again!

Advertisement