Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

council accomodation question

Options
  • 25-11-2018 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

out of interest how much do individuals in council houses actually pay?

the system to my eyes seems unfair.

living in prime location and correct me if I am wrong paying next to nothing...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's usially about 30% of their income, up to a maximum.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

30% of whose what if its a family of 4 with two adults?

whole system is flawed

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

mkdon wrote: »
    out of interest how much do individuals in council houses actually pay?

the system to my eyes seems unfair.

living in prime location and correct me if I am wrong paying next to nothing...

correct, and the unemployed ones effectively pay nothing because their money comes from the state.

this should cause uproar amongst private sector . i know it does for me...only in Ireland... hard working middle class last to be looked after in this blooming country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

30% of whose what if its a family of 4 with two adults?

whole system is flawed

The income of the adults in the house. Once the kids hit 18, their income is also taken into account.

• Advertisement

which encourages them to earn next to nothing or get involved in cash in hand pay. or even in some cases criminal activities or even to not get work..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

which encourages them to earn next to nothing or get involved in cash in hand pay. or even in some cases criminal activities or even to not get work..

You have a very low view of people.

not true .. seeming you are the one with the low view of me... i am asking about the facts as a taxpayer

private sector are funding this so every right to be angry

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

not true .. seeming you are the one with the low view of me... i am asking about the facts as a taxpayer

private sector are funding this so every right to be angry

Compared ti the amount of taxpayer funding put into state pensions, housing is a drop in the ocean.

Out of interest how much do you think council tenants should be paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You have asked this across multiple threads and have got your answer. Do not ask again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement