Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais level pay

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

NIMAN wrote: »
    I emailed BG and asked if they could match the €135 saving I would make by switching.

Worth a punt.

Never mind the e-Mails, nothing better than talking to them directly, ask for €150 credit to the account and I'll guarantee you'll get it, at the end of the day they're getting that €150 back for gas and electricity that they're purchasing cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    My Energia 12 months was up the 23rd of November. Went to switcher.ie and entered my kwh from the total of my contract with Energia. Switcher said I would save 432 by switching to Bord Gais which seemed quite big of a savings but I checked and rechecked the details to make sure I entered the right details. The Bord Gais website shows that my level pay would be either 135 or 150 I dont remember which exactly but my energia bills with discount were always around 200-240 per month. I only switched to Energia last year and had been with BG for about 5-6 years before that maybe and was happy with them. I suppose I'll know whether I made a mistake or not when the bill actually comes in.

Worth noting though that Energia rang the next day to try save me as a customer but their offer wasn't as good as the one from Bord Gais

Realistically it doesn't matter in the long run if you are paying 135-150 each month on Level Pay to BGE and your Energia bi-monthly bill was 200-240. It is not like for like.

When it comes down to it, once your standing charge/unit rate is lower than that of Energia then you are saving.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

We ended up making the switch to BG level pay yesterday. We have set out monthly payments slightly higher for the start as we think we have an issue with our immersion which has been eating electricity. We will see how the first couple of bills are once we have the immersion replaced and hopefully the bills will come down.

With regards to the Tesco club points, they said that if we don’t shop at Tesco then we can opt to convert the points issued into credit in our account which is better for us. They also said if we ever want any of our cash back if it’s in credit, it can be requested at anytime.

We will see how it goes anyway. At least with this we’re not tied into a co tract & we can leave without a penalty.

Advertisement