Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Control On Hot Water

• 25-11-2018 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hello

Id appreciate any advice on this if possible.

So in my house i have no motorized valve or cylinder stat on the hot water supply from boiler.

I have two motorized valves for two heating zones,up and down. To call for hot water from my oil boiler i have to have one of these zones on or just switch my time clock to on.
    Obviously giving me no way of controlling the temp of the water.(bar the stat on the boiler itself)

The heating system in the house was poorly designed given that there is even no thermostats on the heating zones.They just used an APT timer with a 2 gang switch beside it to control the valves for each heating zone.House is only 12 years old.

I'm going to be installing room stats to each floor and putting in a 3 channel programmer soon and I'm just wondering would it be a big plumbing job to install a motorized valve and cylinder stat as i would like to be able to turn on heating independently of hot water?

Rough ballpark price ?

Thanks.

Advertisement