Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas party national school

Options
  • 25-11-2018 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My daughter started national school this year and loves every minute of it. I'm sure there will be a party at the break up 21st dec.

My question is, does the party supplies come out of the teachers pocket, and if yes, would it be wierd/unusual to give the teacher cash towards the party?

Thanks,

Peter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Generally the Christmas party in my kids school is they are allowed to bring a toy and a treat in on that day. Sometimes the teacher might give them some sweets but they have a healthy eating policy so only something very small.
    It would probably be nicer to give a present or organize a collection among patents to buy a voucher for teacher if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

In my school the kids bring in their own stuff and share and swap between themselves. Never on the last day though. For me it will be on the 20th this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Send in some haribo or a fruit salad. So hard to send stuff in these days with allergies and other health conditions. Ask the teacher first.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Most schools have it the day before the holidays. Yes, teachers buy some provisions usually and from their own money, but children also usually bring in a few treats too.

Advertisement