Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling off period for renewed subscription? .

Options
  • 26-11-2018 12:59am

I bought a yearly subscription to Eurosport last year and it automatically renewed today. Is there a cooling off period for this auto renewal or is that it lesson learned I shouldn't have forgotten to cancel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

It has probably renewed on a month by month basis and you can cancel with the 30 day standard notice period.

Should all be in the terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i echo this -
    Should all be in the terms and conditions.

Thanks for the reply. The terms and conditions state this.
    Cooling off rights

When making your purchase, you acknowledged that you will have access to the Eurosport Player content immediately following the registration process. Thus you expressly consented that we begin to perform the contract before the end of the withdrawal period and you acknowledged that you will lose the right to withdraw from the contract as soon as we begin performing the contract. Accordingly, you agree that you will not be entitled to receive a full refund on your subscription should you decide to cancel it in the future

I was just wondering if I hadn't used the service yet could I cancel. Or any rights I had would supercede the terms and conditions.

Its a full year payment (45€) not monthly. I have emailed them and they say I explicitly agreed to waive my cooling off period and no refund.

They have cancelled but say I have access to the service until November 19.

This was there response
    Thank you for contacting Eurosport Player Support

I understand from your e-mail that you would like to know if it is possible to have a refund.

I do really understand your situation but I would like to point out that that when you purchase a subscription on our website https://ie.eurosportplayer.com/ you consent to a prior and explicit acceptance of the following two conditions: Terms of Sale and your waiver of your right of withdrawal pursuant to the relevant legislation. Therefore regret that I cannot grant the requested refund of your Eurosport Player subscription.

I regret for not being able to respond favourably to your refund request.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. You can reach us by replying to this e-mail. Alternatively you can contact us via chat, leave a message on our Facebook page or reach out on Twitter (@EurosportCare)

Anyway it is what it is. I was thinking of dropping it but it's too late now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Cancel it now in advance of next year. Just say you do not wish to renew at the end of the current term

Also as it was an annual fee, then yes they are right that no refund is due.

Advertisement