Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Timeclock cabling identify

• 26-11-2018 2:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45

Hi, I have a Vokera Mynute EHE boiler and I want to put a wifi spur in so I can have control from an app. I would need to put this in place of the timeswitch, however there is a cable I'm unsure of what it is doing.
    Connector block terminals
    1) Switched live from clock to boiler?
    2) Unsure?
    3) Live from spur and permanent live to boiler
    4) Neutral from spur and neutral direct to boiler

On the wifi spur there is L in L out, N in N out.

I would need to put the 2 cables from terminal 3 into L in
    I would need to put the 2 cables from terminal 4 into N in
    I would need to put the 1 cable (brown) from terminal 1 into L out
    N out terminal would be left empty as the boiler needs direct N to it.

What is the cable in terminal 2 (black cable) doing?

Please see attached photos thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Weird to try understand - are the cables in terminal 1 the volt free connection to switch on & off the boiler?

And 3 & 4 is just the power to power the timeclock?

It sort of implies that the boiler has a permanent live already from elsewhere...possibly from terminals 3 & 4 as a double up. Also see the way there's no link cable between terminals 2 & 3

You could test in two stages:
    1- take the switch out and check the continuity between terminals 1 & 2 - if it is closed circuit when the switch is on (and vice versa) then that's how the boiler switches.
    2- repower the boiler (from terminals 3 & 4, and link the wires in 1 & 2 together. Boiler should fire...

Edit: In context of your WiFi switch, you would then most likely put your cables 1 & 2 to L out & N & out, but maybe just double check the wiring diagram for the WiFi switch to ensure it isn't creating some link with it's L & N in that might erroneously pass 230VAC to a volt free contact

Advertisement