Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport; meals on wheels charity shop

Options
  • 26-11-2018 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

If you have not found this, please do! Alongside the painted church and good parking.

All moneys go to increase the Meals on Wheels service and the Lunch Club that does such a grand work for old folk on their own.

I was going to the shop one day and the Order of Malta minibus was unloading... The organiser insisted I joined them for lunch. Actually that was the first time for many years I have had a meal cooked for me and it is a wonderful feeling.

Now if I am in town at the right time, they make room for me.

Supporting the excellent shop is a way of caring for our old folk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Great set up there Graces7. Great people involved. Glad you enjoyed your meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

yorlum11 wrote: »
    Great set up there Graces7. Great people involved. Glad you enjoyed your meal.

It is indeed. Chatted to one lady volunteer who is 84 and amazing.

I go now if I am in Westport at the right time. They always make room. All so kind and friendly.

Advertisement