Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corbally Half Marathon

Options
  • 26-11-2018 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Anyone else doing the Corbally Half Marathon in Limerick/Clare on Sunday? Great to see another HM in this area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

Ran the route last Saturday. The first 6 miles is on open main road from Corbally to Killaloe which is very dangerous with cars coming against you. The second half is not so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Ran the route last Saturday. The first 6 miles is on open main road from Corbally to Killaloe which is very dangerous with cars coming against you. The second half is not so bad.

Surely that will be closed off to traffic on Sunday though? Are there many hills?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Limerick91

I hope the weather forecasters are wrong about Sunday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

panda100 wrote: »
    Surely that will be closed off to traffic on Sunday though? Are there many hills?

Unlikely the roads will be closed especially a main artery into the city

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

panda100 wrote: »

I wouldn’t think so. It will be interesting to see how the event will be marshaled on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed the race today. There was a huge local crowd there and considering it was a sell out a month ago it really shows how much of an appetite there is for more HM's in Limerick.

Roads weren't closed. I didn't find it much of an issue though. Most of the run was on back roads that only saw 2 or so cars passing anyway. The route was really lovely through old country roads right in the Clare/Limerick countryside. A good few hills along the way though.

This race will definitely be back next year and hope to see it grow even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Marshaling was a bit iffy in places. Especially heading over the canal at Barry's cross.

On the last few hundred meters on the Corbally Road there should have been segregation as the runners were very close to being hit by cars.

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Marshaling was a bit iffy in places. Especially heading over the canal at Barry's cross.

On the last few hundred meters on the Corbally Road there should have been segregation as the runners were very close to being hit by cars.

It's definitely an issue at the end alright. I wonder would they have a time cap like Charleville and close the road there at certain time points.

Advertisement