Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanmire handbags withhammers and wheelbrace

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

This was a weekly occurrence when I was growing up in Glanmire 15 years ago. Very rough back then but you wouldnt hear much these days.....until this incident that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

When it comes to Glanmire it's ALWAYS someone else causing the trouble.

So far I've heard that this lot were from Mayfield, Farranree and Ballyvolane.

When there was a lot of drinking and general rowdiness going on the park down there it was the same - not only from Mayfield but kids were getting busses down from Mahon, Douglas and Bishopstown for the 'privilege' of drinking in a field in Glanmire !!! It was never their own kids 'cos they wouldn't be like that... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

When it comes to Glanmire it's ALWAYS someone else causing the trouble.

So far I've heard that this lot were from Mayfield, Farranree and Ballyvolane.

When there was a lot of drinking and general rowdiness going on the park down there it was the same - not only from Mayfield but kids were getting busses down from Mahon, Douglas and Bishopstown for the 'privilege' of drinking in a field in Glanmire !!! It was never their own kids 'cos they wouldn't be like that... ;-)

The fight at the weekend might be one time they're right about non-locals bringing trouble.

Like the above, it's only bits of a story I've been hearing and nothing definite.

The Castle is fairly popular for large birthdays, engagements, christening parties etc.. which is why I completely avoid going in there.

I even ran into my old neighbours from 20 years ago where I grew up, in there who were having an engagement party.
    They are the type of family who are barred from all the local pubs and nearby hotels for the trouble they bring with them.

The drinking at the weekend are local kids.
    The age group is 16 - 20, older than you'd think and as mentioned; local.

There's a 19yr old lad living a few houses down I always see with them, who innocently fills me in on the scandal as well during the week.

Don't mind what prendiville says with buses etc.. he's made a career off of faux outrage, deflection and blaming someone/thing else.

I'm living in one of the largest estates and bring the neighbours dog with me for a walk in the evenings, so I see the migration and know the usual local faces.

- They get their cans in Aldi or Lidl
    - Get their food on the corner in Fahads
    - Head down to either the park or the basketball court.
    - Stay there till they get word of the one Garda car arriving, before scattering.
    - The ones who are worse for ware or on more than a few cans, seem to head down into the woods.

I've seen massive groups emerge from St. Josephs View after they've come from that dark part by the Aldi/Scout Hall coming from Lidl direction,
    running blindly across the road up the other rat run towards Crestfield.

Rinse and repeat every Saturday.

It was definitely worse last year though, especially around Halloween.
    My rental van when I had it, was pelted a good few times with chipper food and cans on my way home, as I turned outside Fahads Spice House.

But it's the same problem in any area where:

- A large number of houses are built at the same time
    - Couples with young kids move in
    - 10 years later those young kids are teenagers who have nothing to do on weekend nights.
    - They find each other and go bushing till they grow out of it.

I've seen it elsewhere, including where I grew up and where my GF was living when I was about 21.

Advertisement