Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Leaf 60kWh

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Not trolling

Leaf is a dog on juice at 120 and only has 58kWh useable

Leaf is 62kw with 60kw usable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭sk8board

Agree with most of the sentiment above that ICE cars are starting to look like a better value prospect for most drivers.
    Fuel is €1k pa for me, driving 12,000kms. Tax is €200.

I cannot imagine, for the life of me, spending €40k+ on a Nissan - (and then having to explain nightsaver electricity unit rates to everyone :) )

The correct amount of carrot and stick from governments is crucial to mass-market adoption of EVs, which will then propagate manufacturer volumes and charger networks. That’s the start and end of it. Everyone else is just an early adopter. They were buying an EV either way.

Luckylow10 wrote: »
    Hi have a 40kw sv premium on the way. I spoke to dealer as maybe I go with the 60 instead and he said they are getting 60kw SVE spec only and will be 10 grand more.

Do you need the range?

Leaf 60kw motor goes up from 150hp to 217hp (110kw to 160kw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

I hope they improve their tyres/traction control then as the Leaf 40 was a hoot on a wet roundabout :p.
    200hp from a 1600Kg+ FWD EV (100% torque from 0kph) isn't as useable or enjoyable as it sounds.
    250+hp would be preferable :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Kramer wrote: »
    i3 over €40k

New 120Ah i3 is actually only €36k. Which makes it.....

<Jeremy Clarkson>

A bit of a bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

unkel wrote: »

<Jeremy Clarkson>

A bit of a bargain!

For the most basic spec.
    Add anything posh like parking sensors, a reversing camera or God forbid, metallic paint, not forgetting delivery, the OTR price of a still, pretty basic i3, would be close enough to €40k.
    But arguably more value than a basic spec Kona etc.

Just making the point EVs are being priced waaaaay above most buyers budgets now, making the outlay very difficult to justify against fuel/running cost savings, even after €10k subsidies.

No wonder the values of used EVs are increasing - the only way the vast majority can afford to dabble in EV'ing.

Not good for anyone this IMO. Teslas were seen once as playthings for the most affluent. It now looks like Nissans, Hyundais & Kias et al are joining the club.
    Aided by €10k of taxpayer funding - lapped up by the manufacturers & dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Luckylow10

Do you need the range?

If it had have been a couple of grand extra I’d push the boat out but This is our second car for run around town etc as. we have a discovery sport work horse also (maybe change this to a model x in a couple of years 🀗) .

we looked at the Zoe (way too small) and Ioniq (hate the plastic grille and the interior is bleh) and the Esoul (an acquired taste and dearer) and the egolf (much dearer for much less spec than the leaf)

So we decided just go with 40 leaf for now to test the waters with our first EV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Soarer wrote: »
    The chademo could be seen as a problem. But that’s down to our network rather than the car. There must be a reason Nissan are sticking to it.
    Plus, with that size of a battery, and faster ac charging

I haven't seen any confirmation of faster AC yet, would be nice if it had 22kw AC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Stealthirl wrote: »
    I haven't seen any confirmation of faster AC yet, would be nice if it had 22kw AC
    Nissan confirmed 16a 3 phase AC as optional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

<Jeremy Clarkson>

A bit of a bargain!

Not sure where this price comes from but in my recent search for an EV there was nothing under €41k even with the reduction in price for a I3. Thats with a poor spec in comparison to the latest cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

i3 over €40k

Pretty solid on the range too from the few reports I've seen....

Edit - I dont know what happened the quoting - it got a bit missed up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It's getting ridiculous now.

Kona €40k
    eNiro €40k
    eSoul almost €40k
    New Leaf €40k+
    i3 over €40k
    Base Model 3 - €49k
    iPace - €80k
    eTron - €90k

At this rate, the new (slow charging, still relatively short range) Ioniq will be easily €36k+.
    Don't hold your breath either for a mid €20k, ID3 - VW aren't a charity :D.

All these prices are after our €10k, taxpayer funded, subsidies :eek:.

Talk all you like about TCO, servicing costs, cheap running costs, fuel savings etc., lot of "savings" needed to fund €40k+ for what are, to all intents & purposes, economy cars from economy brands.

Probably 90% of people could commute/manage happily with a 200km range car, which heretofore were available for sub €30k.
    That made sense.

The new entry into EV motoring is starting at €50k - less €10k of our taxes!
    Makes no sense now, financially, for the vast majority.

Put some kms on a 330e last week & even that would make more sense than many EVs at these prices.
    Nice car - thought it was heavy on rear tyres though :D.

Totally agree, the price point now is simply financially not worth it, I'm so happy I got a 6month old L30 for just over €16k 2.5years ago, looking back it's astounding value for money and I'm more likely to keep it now as paying over the odds for greater range is just silly money.
    Same as Unkel and his sub €25k Ioniq, they'll have to take them from our dying hands...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Jesus, I was really looking forward to moving to EV, but after reading a lot of negative stuff in here over the last few weeks, both from EV & non EV owners, I'm disheartened!

That somebody is going to steal either the car, the battery or the bloody lead!

After that if I manage to get driving, I'm not going to get a charge anywhere, between queues & broken chargers!

Feel like, I'm going to over pay no matter what I do, buy new or second hand, no difference!

Only positive's left now are running costs & environment??

But I'm still going to do it, but the fun of it has just been popped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

I got onto Avis & Leaseplan about a lease through my ltd company to take advantage of the BIK exemption.
    I asked to be quoted for the SVE Leaf 40. Quotes seem very high, with the highest being €42,600. When I queried if that was after grants etc I was told it was!
    Nearly at Model 3 money there

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

beanian wrote: »
    I got onto Avis & Leaseplan about a lease through my ltd company to take advantage of the BIK exemption.
    I asked to be quoted for the SVE Leaf 40. Quotes seem very high, with the highest being €42,600. When I queried if that was after grants etc I was told it was!
    Nearly at Model 3 money there

really sounds like they may have quoted you for a L60?

or have you checked whether leaseplan and the like can actually get both grants (or 8.8K in total off the price of the car) ... I seem to recall some shenanigans mentioned when the 0% BIK was introduced, maybe they are either not getting or are pocketing the 3800 grant for a business buyer?

FaganJr wrote: »
    Jesus, I was really looking forward to moving to EV, but after reading a lot of negative stuff in here over the last few weeks, both from EV & non EV owners, I'm disheartened!

After that if I manage to get driving, I'm not going to get a charge anywhere, between queues & broken chargers!

Feel like, I'm going to over pay no matter what I do, buy new or second hand, no difference!

Once you do it *and* can do most of your trip charging at home you will fine. You will love the experience of silently driving and fuelling at home when you sleep. The only problem at the moment is that the demand outstrips the supply so the manufacturers can charge what they want.

Luckylow10 wrote: »
    Ioniq (hate the plastic grille

That can be fixed for €90 in an hour by having it professionally wrapped.

slave1 wrote: »
    I got a 6month old L30 for just over €16k 2.5years ago

Great timing, you got a super deal :D

And you're right, at some point I thought about selling Ioniq (as it had depreciated very little). Buy something like a PHEV, drive that for a year or so until there are more reasonably priced new EVs around or second hand ones had come down a bit . Glad I didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

FaganJr wrote: »

The fun will come back when u accelerate.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Nissan confirmed 16a 3 phase AC as optional

Where was that? The New UK brochure has no mention of it. 16A/3phase would mean only 3.6Kw single phase :confused:

New UK brochure
    https://www-europe.nissan-cdn.net/content/dam/Nissan/gb/brochures/Vehicles/Nissan_Leaf_UK.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

catharsis wrote: »
    really sounds like they may have quoted you for a L60?

or have you checked whether leaseplan and the like can actually get both grants (or 8.8K in total off the price of the car) ... I seem to recall some shenanigans mentioned when the 0% BIK was introduced, maybe they are either not getting or are pocketing the 3800 grant for a business buyer?

My understanding with the leasing companies and grants is one company can't get more then €200,000 in grants without getting eu approval so that limits them to 25 per three years.

https://www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/About-Us/Services/De-Minimis-.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Where was that? The New UK brochure has no mention of it. 16A/3phase would mean only 3.6Kw single phase :confused:

New UK brochure
    https://www-europe.nissan-cdn.net/content/dam/Nissan/gb/brochures/Vehicles/Nissan_Leaf_UK.pdf
    No it doesn't
    16a 3 phase is like the i3, which can charge at 7kW 32a single phase.
    Or the new Tesla, or the etron etc.

However it does appear that Nissan changed tack on this as I'm sure I not only read a press release from here confirming 11kW as an option, but that also I heard this from Nissan ireland.

Ah my bad so as i thought it would and that a 22kW 32A 3Phase was needed for 7kW single phase [7Kw each] as apposed to 11kW 16A 3Phase at 3.6kW each. It must allow 2phases to charge at circa 7.2kW :confused:

Anyway i found this on the German brochure
    https://www-europe.nissan-cdn.net/content/dam/Nissan/de/brochures/pkw/leaf-2018-broschuere-preisliste.pdf
    Translated version

DREAM START.
    The Wallbox complete package
    for the Nissan LEAF
    Now you know a lot about your new all-electric dream car.
    And together with the new Nissan Intelligent Services will be your entry into mobility
    the future now the dream start.
    Our Wallbox complete offer for you:
    • Nissan N7 Wallbox Classic 22 kW (AC)
    • Installation package including installation, installation & commissioning of the wallbox
    • 3 years warranty
    About the N7 AC 22kW 3-Phase Wallbox:
    • Up to 3x faster charging than the usual household power outlet
    • Type-2 Charging Port: All Nissan EVs can be connected to the Mode-3 Charging Cable Type 1 to Type 2
    and type 2 are loaded on type 2 at the wallbox
    • Smart charging function: The wallbox automatically detects how much power in the home
    is available and charges with the maximum power available

Couldn't find any other mention of it myself, perhaps it's only going to be offered in mainland Europe as 3phase is more common there. Nissan GB/IE might have decided not to offer it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭alanowx

ELM327 wrote: »
    No it doesn't
    16a 3 phase is like the i3, which can charge at 7kW 32a single phase.
    Or the new Tesla, or the etron etc

Sorry to labour this point but just to clear up my confusion on this single /Three-phase. My thoughts were along the same lines as Stealthirl.

Is it the norm that cars fitted with 11kW AC charger would also always allow charging at 7.2kW 32a single phase, with suitable CP of course, or is that down to how the individual manufacture has their charger port setup.

I'm thinking here of the up coming Peugeot e208 which some say will come with a 7.4kW singe-phase on board charger with an option for 11kW AC three-phase. (I read elsewhere that this will be 6.6kW with 10kW option).

Assuming the former, if one opted for 11kW and then connected the car to your home 32A single phase 7.2kW CP - would it still charge at 7.2 or would it drop down to 3.6.

If it was the latter then I think the gain in street charging times on our numerous 22kW CPs, at the expense of slower home charging times, would not make the upgrade worth it.

Apparently that 11kW (10) will be a 300 euro option in France. Pity its not a 22kW option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

alanowx wrote: »
    Sorry to labour this point but just to clear up my confusion on this single /Three-phase. My thoughts were along the same lines as Stealthirl.

Is it the norm that cars fitted with 11kW AC charger would also always allow charging at 7.2kW 32a single phase, with suitable CP of course, or is that down to how the individual manufacture has their charger port setup.

I'm thinking here of the up coming Peugeot e208 which some say will come with a 7.4kW singe-phase on board charger with an option for 11kW AC three-phase. (I read elsewhere that this will be 6.6kW with 10kW option).

Assuming the former, if one opted for 11kW and then connected the car to your home 32A single phase 7.2kW CP - would it still charge at 7.2 or would it drop down to 3.6.

If it was the latter then I think the gain in street charging times on our numerous 22kW CPs, at the expense of slower home charging times, would not make the upgrade worth it.

Apparently that 11kW (10) will be a 300 euro option in France. Pity its not a 22kW option.

The simple answer is that you wont know for 100% until the manufacturer confirms it or someone tries it out and posts a video on it.

The manufacturer could have it configured either way and there are examples of both.

The way, for instance, the i3 works is that it has an 11kW onboard charger(3x16A) but it can draw 2x16A's to give 32A on your home single phase charge point and hence 7kW.

Other 11kW cars dont do the combining thing and hence will only get 16A on your single phase home charger even if the charge point is capable of 32A.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭alanowx

KCross wrote: »
    The simple answer is that you wont know for 100% until the manufacturer confirms it or someone tries it out and posts a video on it.

The manufacturer could have it configured either way and there are examples of both.

The way, for instance, the i3 works is that it has an 11kW onboard charger(3x16A) but it can draw 2x16A's to give 32A on your home single phase charge point and hence 7kW.

Other 11kW cars dont do the combining thing and hence will only get 16A on your single phase home charger even if the charge point is capable of 32A.

Many thanks for clearing up that point. Good to know the possible pitfalls.

If that's true then bear in mind that the ESB are also planning an expansion of the AC network and 22 Kw AC charging would be incredibly convenient compared to hanging around at DC Fast chargers.

I seriously doubt many people will need 60 Kwh daily so there's no need to run the battery down all the time, plug in at 60% etc and so what if it has to charge at the occasional peak rate electricity ?

I would think very carefully on that, the 22 Kw would be hilly convenient when you need it the most, plug in in town get back to the car charge done or enough so you don't need a fast charge or need much less time on a fast charger.

The 11 Kw charger in the i3 is dead handy when I'm away and I get along fine with 16 amp charging at home as I said, who's going to need 400 Km daily ? so plug in before it reaches 10-20% , plug in at 60+ and charge it up over night.

With 3.3 Kw charging and 3 Kw to the car you can replace 30 Kwh in 10 hrs no problem and most of that is on night rate electricity.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I wouldn't base a purchasing decision on an 11kW versus a 7.3kW AC charger, it's only an extra 20km of range per hour on an AC charger.
    You'd have to be in a very sweet spot based on distance from your home versus size of battery for it to make a difference.
    It's just not something I'd factor in either way.

That said the e+ Tekna reportedly has 100kW Fast charging, I wonder when we'll see the first faster CHAdeMO in Ireland.

We got contacted by Nissan today to choose our colours.

Going for the green SVE +

• Advertisement

How much is the top spec 60 kwh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Luckylow10

How much is the top spec 60 kwh ?

I don’t know how much but I believe there is only one spec. SVE.

list price before grants 51800
    Add 600+ (for paint)
    Add 275 (service plan)

less VRT Rebate 5000
    Less SEAI Grant (5000/3800 personal/business)

..... so about 42675 minimum for a personal buyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

list price before grants 51800
    Add 600+ (for paint)
    Add 275 (service plan)

less VRT Rebate 5000
    Less SEAI Grant (5000/3800 personal/business)

..... so about 42675 minimum for a personal buyer.

€51,800 for a Pulsar with batteries

Anyone that buys this lol 😂

well.....

It outranges model 3 SR+ significantly, has a lot more space inside and boot room/practicality, has autopilot (pro-pilot), is far quieter to drive (less wind noise) and is better built.

and it's 10K cheaper.

on the other hand its a pulsar with batteries and the slowest charging car outside a Zoe now available for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

well.....

It outranges model 3 SR+ significantly, has a lot more space inside and boot room/practicality, has autopilot (pro-pilot), is far quieter to drive (less wind noise) and is better built.

and it's 10K cheaper.

on the other hand its a pulsar with batteries and the slowest charging car outside a Zoe now available for sale.

Outranges model 3? Not sure where you got that from.

• Advertisement

It outranges model 3 SR+ significantly

I'd like to see a range test at 120km/h GPS speed between the two. If I were a gambling man, I would put serious money on the Tesla to significantly outrange the Leaf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

well.....

and it's 10K cheaper.

You don’t have to justify yourself to Thierry. He still drives a turbo diesel and is waiting for a 350bhp, 500km range, sub €20k EV. He put a deposit on a new VW so he could get a screenshot, and then cancelled again!
    I'd like to see a range test at 120km/h GPS speed between the two. If I were a gambling man, I would put serious money on the Tesla to significantly outrange the Leaf.

Again with the 120km/h GPS benchmark, as if it’s the only thing that matters. Why not 100/80/60 km/h GPS speed, where the vast majority of motorists spend their time? Maybe these are the speeds that matter to @catharsis, and where the L62 outranges the Tesla?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

If I was buying an EV for myself I'd choose the Model3 over the Leaf, if I was recommending an EV to my mother/father/non-car-enthusiast-brother-or-sister/uncle/aunt it would be the Leaf every day of the week. Horses for courses.

Soarer wrote: »
    You don’t have to justify yourself to Thierry. He still drives a turbo diesel and is waiting for a 350bhp, 500km range, sub €20k EV. He put a deposit on a new VW so he could get a screenshot, and then cancelled again!

Again with the 120km/h GPS benchmark, as if it’s the only thing that matters. Why not 100/80/60 km/h GPS speed, where the vast majority of motorists spend their time? Maybe these are the speeds that matter to @catharsis, and where the L62 outranges the Tesla?

Range matters at 120

No one drives 300km @ 80

Tesla Model 3 SR+ has more range than a Leaf62 @ 120

Thats pretty obvious to anyone

well.....

and it's 10K cheaper.

Tesla SR+ is well overpriced too at €50,000

The performance model at €60,000 is a bargain

Leaf62 will be a great car, quick, reliable, spacious etc but it's overpriced too

Would love one, but they are €10,000 too much

I had a spin in a brand new €28,000 180bhp Honda Civic recently and it was amazing, really quick, be hard to pick the €15,000 more. expensive Leaf over it

€15,000 up front for fuel is too much imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Tesla SR+ is well overpriced too at €50,000

The performance model at €60,000 is a bargain

Leaf62 will be a great car, quick, reliable, spacious etc but it's overpriced too

Would love one, but they are €10,000 too much

I had a spin in a brand new €28,000 180bhp Honda Civic recently and it was amazing, really quick, be hard to pick the €15,000 more. expensive Leaf over it

€15,000 up front for fuel is too much imo

What a pile of crap. No 182bhp Civic pricing on Honda's site yet but cheapest one on Carzone is €30k. Even excluding delivery costs, you're looking at €29k minimum, not €28k. For that you get a pauper spec manual, cloth seat version yet you're comparing it with the price of the top spec Leaf. Looking at specs, the Civic is considerably slower to 100 km/h than the Leaf 40......not to mind the Leaf 62. And that's not even considering the fact that the Honda looks like an explosion at Halfords gone wrong and will surely only appeal to boy racer types. Basically your comparing apples to oranges, but that's hardly a surprise....

What a pile of crap. No 182bhp Civic pricing on Honda's site yet but cheapest one on Carzone is €30k. Even excluding delivery costs, you're looking at €29k minimum, not €28k. For that you get a pauper spec manual, cloth seat version yet you're comparing it with the price of the top spec Leaf. Looking at specs, the Civic is considerably slower to 100 km/h than the Leaf 40......not to mind the Leaf 62. And that's not even considering the fact that the Honda looks like an explosion at Halfords gone wrong and will surely only appeal to boy racer types. Basically your comparing apples to oranges, but that's hardly a surprise....

Have you been to a Honda dealer smart arse?

That price would be even lower if I was serious

You can negotiate at dealers you know?

Honda is a far better made car than a bloody Nissan too btw

Have you drove the 182bhp Honda I am talking about?

Spec was decent, reverse camera, Apple play, Android touch screen, lane assist, everything you need.

Having drove both a Leaf40 and the Honda Civic 182

I can tell you it would walk away from it past 100

0-100 they are similar, about 8 secs or so

https://youtu.be/7RPMTX4kgrI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Have you been to a Honda dealer smart arse?

That price would be even lower if I was serious

You can negotiate at dealers you know?

Honda is a far better made car than a bloody Nissan too btw

Have you drove the 182bhp Honda I am talking about?

Spec was decent, reverse camera, Apple play, Android touch screen, lane assist, everything you need.

Having drove both a Leaf40 and the Honda Civic 182

I can tell you it would walk away from it past 100

0-100 they are similar, about 8 secs or so

https://youtu.be/7RPMTX4kgrI

As I said, a pile of crap.

So you're comparing a discounted Civic price (which you claim you can get, but I have my doubts on a brand new version) for a lower spec model with the Leaf list price for a top spec model. Talk about disingenuous! Why not compare like with like? Because it wouldn't suit your argument of course. I was offered €2k off list for a Leaf 40 SVE - maybe you should include that in your calculations?!

Have I driven the Civic? I'm over 25, and don't wear a tracksuit all day, so no.

Thanks for confirming that the Civic has a lower spec than the Leaf you compared it to. How much does the Civic cost with the 9 speed auto, leather and self driving? There's the real comparison. Is such a model even available?

Many cars will pull away from the Leaf past 100......has anyone said otherwise? As someone who drives a Leaf faster than most, it's still the lower speed acceleration that's most useful.

And to clarify, the Leaf 40 is 0.3 seconds faster to 100 than the slow coach Civic; the Leaf 62 (which you compared it to) leaves it for dead at 1.6 seconds faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

well.....

and it's 10K cheaper.

Apart from pro-pilot, I would say you are incorrect on all of the above.
    I calculate that the 3 SR+ will outrage the Leaf+ by about 10% in real world use.
    It also seems to be larger than a Leaf. Practicality might be close but I'd say the Tesla will be better. I don't think I could stomach paying 40k for a "Pulsar with Batteries" where as a 50k Tesla is a no brainer for me. Horses for courses though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

The good news is that we have choice with decent range and performance cars.

Model 3 is risk for most buyers as the support network is limited to Dublin and repairs mean you are without a car for extended periods. The build quality from what I have witnessed is poor in comparison and practicality is not great. The innovation applied to the 3 has meant that it is compromised (door entry / exit, water run off into the car, noise, dashboard) but the positives far out way the negatives hence I now have one on order.

The Leaf is more conventional with similar performance and features to the 3 and with a very good support network in Ireland is a safer bet for most. Practicality would be much better if they move that stupid Bose amp out of the boot. If the Plus was available for 192 I would have ordered one instead of the 3 but I got caught up in the recent Tesla hype now the cars have landed in RHD.

So you're comparing a discounted Civic price (which you claim you can get, but I have my doubts on a brand new version) for a lower spec model with the Leaf list price for a top spec model. Talk about disingenuous! Why not compare like with like? Because it wouldn't suit your argument of course. I was offered €2k off list for a Leaf 40 SVE - maybe you should include that in your calculations?!

Have I driven the Civic? I'm over 25, and don't wear a tracksuit all day, so no.

Thanks for confirming that the Civic has a lower spec than the Leaf you compared it to. How much does the Civic cost with the 9 speed auto, leather and self driving? There's the real comparison. Is such a model even available?

Many cars will pull away from the Leaf past 100......has anyone said otherwise? As someone who drives a Leaf faster than most, it's still the lower speed acceleration that's most useful.

And to clarify, the Leaf 40 is 0.3 seconds faster to 100 than the slow coach Civic; the Leaf 62 (which you compared it to) leaves it for dead at 1.6 seconds faster.

Self driving Leaf?

Where can I get one of those haha

Civic will leave Leaf62 for dead past 100 too

Only morons drive fast below 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Self driving Leaf?

Try a Nissan dealer for a level 2 self driving Leaf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If I was you I wouldn't bother, every thread on here it is the same, page after page of it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Self driving Leaf?

Seeing as 95% or more of Dublin and surrounding area has speed limit of 100km or below, not sure why anyone needs to leave a car "dead" past 100 :confused:

Even outside of Dublin, how much of the current road network in Ireland allows speed of over 100km/h? 5%?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Self driving Leaf?

Seeing as 95% or more of Dublin and surrounding area has speed limit of 100km or below, not sure why anyone needs to leave a car "dead" past 100 :confused:

Even outside of Dublin, how much of the current road network in Ireland allows speed of over 100km/h? 5%?

Motorways are the only place safe to drive quickly

Only morons accelerate hard in sub 50/60 zones

80/100 present some danger with road conditions, houses, farm animals around etc, accelerating hard not a great idea either

• Advertisement
Advertisement