Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Leaf 60kWh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

468 on my dash this morning, and I've been ragging the ass of it leaving ICE drivers red faced. :cool:

468? What's that, a Tesla?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

jim-mcdee wrote: »

Kia E-Niro.

IMG-20190711-073435-1.jpg

Edit to add photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

They are getting there all right. Maybe another 10 year? Skoda Superb

What year? My 2.0 CRDI 170 bhp dsg gets approx 1000km max to a tank

Could be Kona, eniro, soul etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

They are getting there all right. Maybe another 10 year? Skoda Superb

Superb has a 60ltr tank. At 5ltr/100km which is been very generous, you will get 1200km....in reality probably closer to 1000km per fill.....unless you can drive the Superb in a straight line for 1200 km.....might be a bit hard in Ireland.....

Also you will need to drive at circa 90kmph the entire 1200km

I do love these quotes on Superb, that car must be magical or something because so far today it is the same size as A6, just as good as an A6, better than a Passat and now can do 1300km on a tank.....everyone should buy one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Superb has a 60ltr tank. At 5ltr/100km which is been very generous as you will not get that over an entire tank that means you get 1200km....in reality probably closer to 1000km per fill.....

I do love these quotes on Superb, that car must be magical or something because so far today it is the same size as A6, just as good as an A6, better than a Passat and now can do 1300km on a tank.....everyone should buy one

If you drive very easy they can do it

Skoda got 1780km tank @ 40km/h the whole journey

https://www.motoring.com.au/skoda-superb-travels-1780km-on-one-tank-53468/

Once you get to this 400 km range at real motorway speeds there is not much need for more. You'd probably welcome a mandatory coffee break after 3+ hours of driving. The question then will be: are you prepared to pay extra 5k to save an hour of charging a year. I can't even remember ever driving more than 400 km in a day Ireland motorbike excluded and even then I would have actually stopped a few times.

samih wrote: »
    Once you get to this 400 km range at real motorway speeds there is not much need for more. You'd probably welcome a mandatory coffee break after 3+ hours of driving. The question then will be: are you prepared to pay extra 5k to save an hour of charging a year. I can't even remember ever driving more than 400 km in a day Ireland motorbike excluded and even then I would have actually stopped a few times.

They will get that with future chemistries like NCM811/NCM90 in the next 2 years

Toyota will have solid state ready by Olympics in 2020 in Tokyo, they want to showcase a new EV with the tech then

Think myself anything under 60kWh will be for very small cars by 2023-2024

60kWh ( 300km ) Polo size
    80kWh ( 400km ) Golf size
    100kWh ( 500km ) Passat Size

Mike9832 wrote: »
    If you drive very easy they can do it

Skoda got 1780km tank @ 40km/h the whole journey

https://www.motoring.com.au/skoda-superb-travels-1780km-on-one-tank-53468/

Usually 630-650 miles a tank with some city driving. In march went from Dublin to Liverpool to Montrose Scotland and stopped for a fill after 730 miles. Averaged 69mph over 400 miles so no wasn't hanging around.

Superb has a 60ltr tank. At 5ltr/100km which is been very generous, you will get 1200km....in reality probably closer to 1000km per fill.....unless you can drive the Superb in a straight line for 1200 km.....might be a bit hard in Ireland.....

Also you will need to drive at circa 90kmph the entire 1200km

mine struggles to get 1000km usually gets approx 600miles, just under 1000km, per tank
    48mpg avg

His superb must be fuelled by coal farts or climate change denial sh1t

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    mine struggles to get 1000km usually gets approx 600miles, just under 1000km, per tank
    48mpg avg

His superb must be fuelled by coal farts or climate change denial sh1t

You should drive at 40kmph and you will get a lot further ;)

I mean I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Also he's missing that people don't actually need to charge most of the time if they've bought the right EV... you plug in every night and no public charging or queuing at all. (even less time spent queuing than he does for his diesel)

no just a smaller engine, 1.6, 120hp vs 2.0 160hp. of course the 2.0 uses more. and only once did I get over 700 miles on one tank, it was 90%+ motorway at 80-90 whole way on one stint to scotland i think 6 hours non stop if I remember correct at average speed of 69mph. now that Kia someone mentioned, if only needed one stop, I could live with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I can get 1300km without stopping. When battery cars can do that I'll take out my cash.

And you have ever driven 1300km in this country without stopping? I call BS.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

samih wrote: »

I’ve a feeling EV’s will top out at 400/500 kms a charge and manufacturers will concentrate on getting batteries smaller and quicker charging.

BTW, my 04 Audi A4 does 1000 kms a tank and I don’t really spare it. Still can’t wait to get my EV though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

If you don't mind all those stops so be it. I can get 1300km without stopping. When battery cars can do that I'll take out my cash. Until then..... I'll keep motoring past those charge stations.

Congratulations! You’re a credit to the EV community.

I can do all my mileage every day, every week, every month, without paying a penny for fuel.
    How far would you get?

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I’ve a feeling EV’s will top out at 400/500 kms a charge and manufacturers will concentrate on getting batteries smaller and quicker charging.

BTW, my 04 Audi A4 does 1000 kms a tank and I don’t really spare it. Still can’t wait to get my EV though.

Your correct, the manufacturer will stop at 40kWh and 60kWh for your standard car.....it costs too much to redevelop every few years for different batteries

Some will release longer range but they will be for a specific market and very limited.....

Tht will stay like that till solid state batteries become available

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

How would electric cars cope with floods, getting partially submerged past the sills compared to Ice cars? Genuine question,
    I have to drive through a foot and a half of water most winters for at least a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

How would electric cars cope with floods, getting partially submerged past the sills compared to Ice cars? Genuine question,
    I have to drive through a foot and a half of water most winters for at least a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

DrPhilG wrote: »

I wonder how it would look without an experienced driver controlling the bow wave perfectly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Joseph SEE

krissovo wrote: »
    I wonder how it would look without an experienced driver controlling the bow wave perfectly

Yes, as if that would make an iota of difference... The battery is not located at the very front of the car regardless. The battery pack is well under the water line in that video no matter how you try to spin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

The battery pack is sealed.. Try doing that in a similar sized petrol/diesel car and see how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

The 1.2SC Nissan Note i use sometimes barely gets 450km from it's 40L tank :eek: It might get replaced by a BEV but currently petrol only costs us circa .70-.80c/L [.59c tax relief] so not much of a difference in running cost as there's no relief for electricity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

I had an email notifying us that our Leaf SVE was ready, however the car was 4,000 euro more than we were advised. 3 months ago I told the dealer if it was over 40k we were going with Tesla 3

pro parking is €1,700 euro in Ireland (UK 1,100 stg = €1,206 euro)

Irish Car is also €1,900 euro more expensive than UK counterpart.

The salesman was not happy that I had issues and he cancelled our order in anger.

Has anyone had their deposit refunded yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Tell him take a long run off a short pier.

If ye were given a price and agreed to same, they can flog off with their €4k increase.

I contacted Nissan Ireland and they didn't care. I contacted the MD of Nissan about my deposit refund and I got a cnutish reply

I have no information about you that supports your claim that you have paid a deposit. Your email address does not appear on our database.

Perhaps if you would like to give me some more information I could verify your bona fides and finalise this matter.

nissan customer service is

(1) brilliant if you are looking for a new car

(2) disgraceful if you have any issues after you put down a deposit

I feel like doing this to the MD on Nissan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugailEn8U5o

Thats very bad form, surely when you pay a deposit it locks down the price agreed?

Thats very bad form, surely when you pay a deposit it locks down the price agreed?

Nissan didn't know the price but gave us an estimated one, thats why the deposit is fully refundable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I had an email notifying us that our Leaf SVE was ready, however the car was 4,000 euro more than we were advised. 3 months ago I told the dealer if it was over 40k we were going with Tesla 3

pro parking is €1,700 euro in Ireland (UK 1,100 stg = €1,206 euro)

Irish Car is also €1,900 euro more expensive than UK counterpart.

The salesman was not happy that I had issues and he cancelled our order in anger.

Has anyone had their deposit refunded yet?

The salesman should be taking this up with whoever at Nissan gave him wrong price information .....

OR

Not give the customer a price if Nissan have not supplied the info.

If he or Nissan want to take orders without the price being finalised - they should accept orders might be cancelled if price comes back too dear.

For all their flaws - it looks like Tesla got it right in terms of - you could reserve Model 3 ahead of time but with the option to not follow through with the final order.

You probably dodged a bullet - it's not an amazing package when compared to what Kia offer at same type of money.

• Advertisement

Nissan didn't know the price but gave us an estimated one, thats why the deposit is fully refundable

Salesmand didn't know the price but still took a deposit? Wow. When i was in nissan a few weeks ago they had full prices for both the 40/60kWh versions.

Order your Nissan Leaf today

Simply Amazing

We’ve received huge interest in the All New Nissan LEAF, so if you would like to get your hands on a 40kwh or 62kwh LEAF and be placed in the order queue, we are now taking €200 deposits. Your deposit is fully refundable until the order is placed with your chosen dealership. *Please note pricing and specification of 62kwh LEAF is not yet available.
    Order now

https://www.nissan.ie/vehicles/new-vehicles/leaf/order-your-leaf.html

Go order your Tesla so, you're probably very lucky this happened you :)

Was in Tullamore today and a brand spanking 192 one pulled out of Nissan in front of me. 60kWh version as well - blue strip on grille and bumper.

unkel wrote: »
    Go order your Tesla so, you're probably very lucky this happened you :)

which one

A 2nd hand S or a new 3, or wait for the next one, or wait for ID vw

everything is changing so quickly

Salesmand didn't know the price but still took a deposit? Wow. When i was in nissan a few weeks ago they had full prices for both the 40/60kWh versions.

Car ordered Online

which one

A 2nd hand S or a new 3, or wait for the next one, or wait for ID vw

Many of us in this forum myself included, have the same reflections :p

Model 3 is a saloon, so not for me as we have a dog. So I withdrew my deposit.

Waiting for price of Model S in the UK to come down, once deliveries of Model 3 get into full swing over there

Model Y would suit me down to the ground, but is quite some time away. Maybe at that stage the likes of BMW also have competing cars out

And I also have a reservation down for the ID.3 first edition

So what's the price of the 62 Kwh Leaf then ?

the Model 3 is not cheap, 48K basic , mostly aimed at 3 series and A4 sales.

35 K USD oh how financially raped we are in Ireland !

www.nissan.ie

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Many of us in this forum myself included, have the same reflections :p

Model 3 is a saloon, so not for me as we have a dog. So I withdrew my deposit.

Waiting for price of Model S in the UK to come down, once deliveries of Model 3 get into full swing over there

Model Y would suit me down to the ground, but is quite some time away. Maybe at that stage the likes of BMW also have competing cars out

And I also have a reservation down for the ID.3 first edition

Yea I have dogs as well, I don't like the Tesla 3 interior. I love the S but it has to be updated soon. I might wait for the ID krozz

vwcrozz-0438.jpg?itok=1U1ACW3F

The leaf is €41,500 + €1,900 (park +), think that includes del + met, no chance of any discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I believe the production ID Crozz (spelling) will have it's styling changed for the worse.

Going to look more conventional

Old diesel wrote: »
    I believe the production ID Crozz (spelling) will have it's styling changed for the worse.

Going to look more conventional

It will be ID.4 based on reports

https://www.motor1.com/news/362267/vw-id-crozz-spied-first-time/

Yea I have dogs as well, I don't like the Tesla 3 interior. I love the S but it has to be updated soon.

What do you mean? Those cars never stop being updated. Musk loves to make constant changes. The latest long range 100kWh S has a range of 600km with the updated front motor and other tweaks.

Joseph SEE wrote: »
    What do you mean? Those cars never stop being updated. Musk loves to make constant changes. The latest long range 100kWh S has a range of 600km with the updated front motor and other tweaks.

That’s fixing problem

Updated is a new version

Don’t expect it to happen anytime soon...they need to keep wheel turning and hope people buy or the whole thing will go down

That’s fixing problem

Updated is a new version

Don’t expect it to happen anytime soon...they need to keep wheel turning and hope people buy or the whole thing will go down

No, getting an extra 100km of range is not fixing a problem. That's an update and a pretty major one at that.

They might change the external appearance, but I suspect not unless it improves aerodynamics further or improves functionality in some aspect. It won't be merely cosmetic.

• Advertisement

The leaf is €41,500 + €1,900 (park +), think that includes del + met, no chance of any discount

Jaysus ! :eek: shocking price for a Nissan Hatch really.

At least you could argue the 24-30 Kwh while with lower range was comparable to a higher spec diesel version but 41.5 - 43.5 K is ludicrous. In my opinion of course.

Old diesel wrote: »
    I believe the production ID Crozz (spelling) l
    Not sure where I got Krozz from

It will be ID.4 based on reports
    So it will look nothihng like that fab design

Joseph SEE wrote: »
    No, getting an extra 100km of range is not fixing a problem. That's an update and a pretty major one at that.
    I meant new version, not what you are thinking

2020-Tesla-S-1.jpg

At least you could argue the 24-30 Kwh while with lower range was comparable to a higher spec diesel version but 41.5 - 43.5 K is ludicrous. In my opinion of course.

Car in UK is €39k Euro inc VRT and VAT, and Euro €1,200 for pro park. Irish garage is already 3,000 euro out. They can go and ......

Houston we have a .... problem

A recent road test by German EV rental specialist Nextmove has found that the new 62 kWh Nissan LEAF still suffers from similar DC fast charging throttling (#Rapidgate) issues at elevated temperature as the 40 kWh LEAF. On highway journeys requiring more than one DC charge (i.e., journeys over 310 miles or 500 km), onwards progress in the new 62 kWh LEAF may become frustratingly slow.

Double the range

Doube the price

Nissan 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

A recent road test by German EV rental specialist Nextmove has found that the new 62 kWh Nissan LEAF still suffers from similar DC fast charging throttling (#Rapidgate) issues at elevated temperature as the 40 kWh LEAF.

Hardly a surprise.

Still no proper cooling. All the bigger battery means is that it will take a longer drive to trigger the issue.

Has anyone had their Leaf 3 deposits returned yet?

Nissan do not seem to care

• Advertisement
Advertisement