Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Placement Grade

• 26-11-2018 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm in the final year of a teaching degree and I was wondering when applying for teaching jobs once qualified, Do schools ask for your school placement grade?

What would be considered a good grade for school placement?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

siobhan08 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm in the final year of a teaching degree and I was wondering when applying for teaching jobs once qualified, Do schools ask for your school placement grade?

What would be considered a good grade for school placement?

In all of the jobs I applied for, very few asked for TP grade. In the words of a DP I know, "all I want to see is if they can control a class and have good subject knowledge"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I had the opposite experience. Every job I ever applied for required my TP grade and it was brought up in interview. Also when I trained the TP grade was the most heavily weighted and so had a big effect on the overall qualification result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Horses for courses.
    Depends on how choosy a school needs to be.

History/English ... probably a good few applicants so its dog eat dog

Irish / Home ec. teacher... do you have a pulse?:pac:

Advertisement