Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth headphones (HD 4.40/WH-CH700N) vs. wireless gaming headset (Arctis 7)

• 26-11-2018 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

On the bluetooth side I was looking at the
    Sennheiser HD 4.40 BTNC (was looking at the 4.50 before the discount ended on Amazon :o) and Sony WH-CH700N vs the Steelseries Arctis 7 (£90 on PCWorld UK) on the gaming headset side.

I'd like the bluetooth headphones for their versatility to be used in a number of scenarios, but the latency has me concerned. I watch a lot of video content on my PC and would hate if I had to put up with unsynced audio. Anyone know how bad it typically is for video content? Tolerable or should bluetooth headphones really just be used for music? The gaming headset (Arctis 7) use more traditional low latency 2.4ghz wireless tech and are aimed at gamers so I'm not concerned about them, just that they have require a USB receiver which obviously means they're far less versatile than Bluetooth headphones.

Comments

If i was going to be solely using them for the PC i'd go for the Steelseries. While the other two are great headphone's i'd only really listen to them paired with a phone or media player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

If the bluetooth receiver and phones support AptX you'll be fine for video/gaming latency, but still dealing with lossy compression vs. custom wifi usually being lossless.

Advertisement